New Mooer Envelope pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ren1, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Ren1

Ren1

May 25, 2014
    Looks like Mooer just released a new analog envelope filter called the Envelope
    Anyone know if this is a clone, and if so, of what? Anyone try it yet?

2. Looks interesting but it is still in pre-order status so we will have to await and see. I have only tried the Sweeper which is a decent pedal so we can hope. .

3. veryvery

veryvery

May 23, 2016
    CA
    Apparently it's available now. Anyone tried it yet?

4. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    Earth
    Someone in another thread says it's a great sounding AF-9 clone, it is the same colour as that pedal so I guess that's what it is!

5. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    Does it also have the AF-9's volume spikes?

6. Chicory Blue

Chicory Blue Secretly Queen of the Moon Supporting Member

I didn't much care for the sweeper. I think maybe it just didn't like my bass, but I could never really coax any decent sounds of it.

Still got mad mooer love though.

--^@

7. fasto

fasto

Mar 4, 2007
    Amsterdam, NL
    I know what you mean, it´s not your bass, the sweeper is extremely hard to adjust/handle, no matter which bass. To find THE sweet spot with those tiny pots is a challenge. I´m going to give the new Mooer Envelope a chance.

8. Just bought one this afternoon. Was looking out for an envelope filter at my local store. They only have this Mooer Envelope in stock. Interestingly, I wasn't that much impressed by it the first time as I tried turning the knobs trying to find that "quack", then I realized that the bass that they let me play for testing the effect was an active GnL 2000 with a pretty hot output. So I started to turn back the sensitivity knob on the Mooer and QUACK! I have found what I was looking for. I don't know if this is a clone of something well-known, but to my ears it sounds pretty close to a DOD FX25B

For those on a budget, or not wanting to spend more than $60 for an envelope filter, I would heavily recommend this one. The best QUACK in this price range

9. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Hmmm... an AF-9 clone for $60?!?! Sounds like a no-brainer to me.

...especially because it'd be new. My AF-9 has been a real workhorse over the years -- I've had it since ~1985 -- but I can also tell that it's "drifted" in that time, and some of the sounds it used to easily achieve are a bit harder to dial in now. Of course, it's also now capable of a few sounds that it couldn't easily achieve when new, so...

Adding a new Mooer seems like an easy way for me to have the best of both worlds!

10. Here's a quick video :

Seanbassplayer likes this.
  11. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Where can you find this for 60.00

12. veryvery

veryvery

May 23, 2016
    CA
    Try aliexpress.com. Ships directly from China so it'll take a couple of weeks though.

13. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Thanks for the info

14. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    For some reason, the sweeper really works for me. I didn't expect to like it as much as I do. So, now I'm curious about the envelope. I really wish I bought a tender octave before that got shut down.

I'm going to China in late November. Hoping to find some pedals there. :)

15. A local music store in my town (I live in Jakarta, Indonesia) is their official dealer and often they had discounts on Mooer products. Got it for, roughly in USD, $49.

16. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Took a chance on it. Wish I could say I liked it. I really wanted to because it's small and cheap. But I found it muddy and indistinct unless I cranked the tone knob, and when I did that, I found it piercing and quacky. I prefer more of a "roar" sound, and I could find a roar setting but I couldn't get it bright enough compared to my Digitech Bass Synth Wah's envelope. Definitely one for those who like the quackier sounds.

17. You might still be able to find a Tender on one of the Chinese online sites; I got mine recently from TaoBao.

You passing through Hong Kong?

18. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I'm going to be in Hong Kong for a conference. Beers?

Sunset Shalom likes this.
  19. PM Sent

Sunset Shalom and smperry like this.
  20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021