new MP3 audio!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Arjan, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Arjan

Apr 18, 2002
    Hey guys, if you want to hear some of my bassplaying check out this link

download the song "surfcake for higher standard", for a real basshighlight check out the licks played at 3:20 (those played by Fender Rhodes and my me with my bass). These are really tricky licks because they are written as keyboard parts and not as bassguitar parts.
    I hope ya like it! Let me know.
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Quite impressive. I like that style of music. Puts me in a relaxed mood.
  3. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Wow, that's a dope track. I bet you had to practice that a lot, it's very fast and precise. Kudos. I like the call and response thing that you and the guitar do for a bit.
  4. Great stuff, Arjan! I really liked that tune. Good musicianship all around... and of course, good bass playing too!
  5. I love that water effect. Is that a trick from the recording studio or from your guitar/keyboardist? I know a company makes a Liquid/Echo box, but UNFORTUNATELY ITS NOT FOR BASS :spit: :mad:

Which sucks, because liquid effects/echos are what I love best.
  6. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    9 megs on a phone modem line? Yikes. No chance of doing a 48 kbps mono MP3 or something? I want to hear it too.
  7. Arjan

Apr 18, 2002
    Thanks guys for the great response!

And yes Basswhore, I really had to practice that stuff a lot. Except for that groove thing, it's kinda Victor Wootens up/down thumb technique once you get it it ain't that hard.

Garrett, what water effect do you mean (I guess it's not the Mutron I used). I know most stuff is done in the studio, maybe some percussion instrument.