Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new MP3 audio!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Arjan, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Arjan

Arjan

Apr 18, 2002
    Hey guys, if you want to hear some of my bassplaying check out this link

http://www.conquestadores.com/downloads.htm

download the song "surfcake for higher standard", for a real basshighlight check out the licks played at 3:20 (those played by Fender Rhodes and my me with my bass). These are really tricky licks because they are written as keyboard parts and not as bassguitar parts.
    I hope ya like it! Let me know.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Quite impressive. I like that style of music. Puts me in a relaxed mood.

3. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Wow, that's a dope track. I bet you had to practice that a lot, it's very fast and precise. Kudos. I like the call and response thing that you and the guitar do for a bit.

4. Great stuff, Arjan! I really liked that tune. Good musicianship all around... and of course, good bass playing too!

5. I love that water effect. Is that a trick from the recording studio or from your guitar/keyboardist? I know a company makes a Liquid/Echo box, but UNFORTUNATELY ITS NOT FOR BASS :spit: :mad:

Which sucks, because liquid effects/echos are what I love best.

6. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    9 megs on a phone modem line? Yikes. No chance of doing a 48 kbps mono MP3 or something? I want to hear it too.

7. Arjan

Arjan

Apr 18, 2002
    Thanks guys for the great response!

And yes Basswhore, I really had to practice that stuff a lot. Except for that groove thing, it's kinda Victor Wootens up/down thumb technique once you get it it ain't that hard.

Garrett, what water effect do you mean (I guess it's not the Mutron I used). I know most stuff is done in the studio, maybe some percussion instrument.