Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NEW! MTD Heir 5, MTD soft case, NAAM bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by bassdr, Sep 23, 2004.

1. That's right, it's one of the new ones with no pickguard and active electronics. I love the bass and really don't want to sell it but am thinning the herd and, oh yeah, my wife is expecting twins. Here's the scoop, I bought this bass from Bass Northwest right after NAAM, when they had mine and a red/rosewood heir and a blue/maple Kingston. Check out Mike's website mtdbass.com and look at the article on the new Heir/Kingston line and you'll see my sunburst/maple and the other two I mentioned. I wondered then if mine was a NAAM bass and I e-mailed Mike and he verified that those three that bassnw.com sold were indeed NAAM basses. I went ahead and bought one of the soft side MTD logo cases from him and his e-mails verified it's NAAM origins. I'd be happy to forward or e-mails if you want.

Anyway, I'm offering this nearly new mint bass and mint soft side MTD case for sale. Other than a little light finish wear the bass got at NAAM, it's mint. The quilt maple top is awesome, the back is a see-through finish in dark brown. Fingerboard is maple, neck straight as an arrow, action low and sound is amazing with active electronics/3-band EQ. Feel free to e-mail any questions about the bass. Pictures below and are a little darker than actual color, see the MTD website to see a better pic of the bass for color.

I'm hoping for around $600 shipped, case included. I'll also print out the emails between me and Mike about the bass. Any reasonable offers considered, heck even offer more to make sure you get it :p

My e-mail is steveprice@onlyinternet.net

2. I'm open to any and all offers within reason. I really don't want to go the bay with this bass.

Had a question about the case, it is not a gig bag but the TKL soft-sided hard case with embroidered MTD logo on the outside storage pouch. Very nice case.

3. Price lowered to $550 shipped.

Also will consider trades for another 5 string that could make a nice "back-up" bass

4. Last chance!!!!!!!

Trades considered!

5. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    How about a trade for a Carvin BB75?

6. PM or e-mail me with details

7. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    you have PM

8. asonepraise

asonepraise

Aug 20, 2004
    I've got a Spector Q5. I'll trade and throw in cash.

9. igroove4god

igroove4god

Oct 27, 2003
    Aloha Steve;

Not sure if you got my PM. I am in Hawaii so is the $550 cool to Hawaii? Let me know ASAP. I have the Paypal ready.
    Thanks, frank

10. Bass is sold, thanks Frank!