New Mudvayne - ****ing Determined!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stephen Soto, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer, Builder
    I dig, but I'm a MuDvAyNe fan!
  2. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    I like it.Sonds a bit like LD50
  3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    +1. I've always liked Mudvayne.
  4. Well, I listened to it through my old crap monitor that I use at school through the half broken speakers with other background noise (primarily CS [omg BESTEESST GANE EEAVER@!!!]).

I'll give it a listen at home through decent spakers.

So when is this "new" album gonna be out, I've been waiting while for these guys to put out new stuff.
  5. Wow. That was relentlessly prog-heavy.

Neat. Not my cup o tea, but I can appreciate it.
  6. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    I've always liked 'em. I hope they break out of the nu-metal stigma they seem to be attached with. They don't deserve that insult.
  7. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I refuse to listen to them anymore after hearing that the other day, basically. I liked The End of All Things to Come because it wasnt as nu metal/prog scream hxc w/e you want to call it. This new stuff isnt my cup of tea at all.
  8. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I've always thought of Mudvayne as a band with tons of potential that has not yet been realized. I hope they nail it down with this new one.
  9. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Unless you dig nu metal/hardcore/ prog nu metal, they didnt nail it.
  10. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Not too bad, but IMO, not as good as some of their previous stuff. I don't think these guys deserve to be lumped in with a lot of the nu-metal stuff, but I guess everyone hears them differently. Still, go Mudvayne.
  11. Well, now that I am at a PC with better speakers.

It seems to be a tad more progressive than most of their previous work, but a bit too much vocal emphasis. And in the chorus I can definately hear some cool bass work being done, and the bass seems to be a bit thicker than before, but not as discernable as it used to be.

This will probably be one of their single tracks, so there is still a good chance that they can progress a tad further than they have.

I just hope they keep about the same mix of music and vocals, and perhaps maybe boost the bass up just a tad, or let Ryan have some more discernable solo/fill work.

Will see...but not bad so far...
  12. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    So far it sounds alright. I will definatley buy the cd because I'm a fan. But I just hope this isn't the best song on the cd.
  13. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    This song sounds pretty good. I don't really like the vocals, but i'm definitely a huge fan, i'll buy the cd for sure. The singles they release are usually a hell of a lot different from the rest of the album, they are a lot more mainstream. :D.
  14. MuDvAyNe is definately one of the most original metal/hardcore-like bands out there. i like the song alot, and it does sound reminiscent of L.D.50 like sumone had mentioned b4. and i have to agree, the singles they have released for their past albums have certainly not been the best songs on their records so i think there is a huge amount of potential for this album to destroy. im sure it will be a 'must buy' for metal fans.

i also agree that ryan should have kept his bass sound more upfront because on this song he seems to blend too much. i think most of us enjoy him because we can hear him so easily and because he has such an upfront sound.
  15. oh yea, they also changed the title of the song from "F*****g Determined" to just "Determined" for sum reason.
  16. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    I really like the stop 1...2...3... thing!
  17. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Maybe so it doesnt always have to be censored.
  18. This is the new sound, just like the old sound...?
  19. kyo

Jul 6, 2004
    i like mudvayne but i dont like this song. sounds like a better drowningpool, which still is no good.