Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new Mudvayne video (on MTV that is)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by geshel, Jul 29, 2003.

1. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Just saw the video for "World so Cold". Hey - no more make-up and stuff. The lead singer didn't really look like I'd thought he would. Looked a lot like Alan Rickman, actually! :D

Anyway, The End of All Things to Come is growing on me.

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I thought he looked like Alan Cummings, myself...

What I think is funny is that I've talked to a few people on other boards who said they would listen to Mudvayne if they took of the makeup. They did, and now the same people are now saying "Yeah, but they did wear makeup."

Anything to hate, I guess...

I still like L.D. 50 better.

3. L.D 50 was great...ima search good ol' Kazaa for that world so cold...it's a cool song:)

ryan is great..

-Jon:oops:

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hmmm...haven't seen that one yet. i'll be on the lookout. thanks!

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    That album has really grown on me as well.

6. I really like that album. IMO it is much easier to listent to than L.D. 50. World So Cold and Shadow of a Man are my favourites.

7. I'm like halfway done the video,its still downloading.

and I like it...
    it's kinda laid back and stuff of them playing,usually they "rock out" in there videos,but this is different,I like it:)

And I think he is using his 4 string thumb:cool:

8. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    I'm undecided on the whole make up thing, but the music is great and that is all that really matters, great band, great gimmick, great music. I think them taking the make up off was as controversial as them putting it on.

9. I want the correct tab to this...anyone got it?:meh:

This song is great...videos ain't what they used to be,bust still:)

I think the make-up looked really neat,and there make-up look was always changing,but I dun really care if it's on or off...

I think one of the coolest things is that there LD.50 CD,like some songs go together and fade into the next,great band,great cd,I give it two paws up:)
    -jon:oops:

10. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    I haven't seen the video, but I've seen them without makeup, and Ryan is a very good-looking guy.

Yea, I said it.

11. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    Did I kill this thread? Is Talkbass just not ready for a man to call another man good-looking?

:meh:

12. haha...

He has a cool tattoo on his chest or his back...whichever one,it's like a sun and a moon type thing,very large...lets just keep it at that,ok?;):)

13. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    I dunno, in the new video I thought it was funny because he still looked a little bit like an alien.

14. aristotle chang

aristotle chang

May 25, 2003
    i really like the new video, its quite a departure for them visually. as for the albums, i like the end of all things to come a lot more than LD 50. the bass isnt as agressive, but the parts fit with each other better, in my opinion. I really like a key to nothing, its got some cool vocals.

ill admit thouugh, the end of all things to come had to grow on me.

15. j_sun23

j_sun23

Feb 24, 2003
    Baton Rouge LA
    Man, when I first heard L.D.50 I fell in love with that cd and the band.

When their latest cd came out, I was excited.

It was a let down. It felt contrived, forced and plastic, not raw and fresh and ALIVE like the first cd.

I think my feelings about this mostly pertained to the singer and what he's done, but it goes for the guitar player, and yes, even mr. Martinie too (at least a little).

And I hate "World so Cold".

Now, that's out of my system.

Still think that dude is one amazing bass player. I remember feeling like I just had to learn the whole L.D.50 cd (and did).

those were the days.....

16. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Does the whole makeup thing remind you of kiss haha, like lets take it off now that we don't really need it cause we are supestars, it will come back. Don't get me wrong I love the band, I've seen them something like let me think, 13 or 14 times and met them. But the whole makeup thing is funny:)
    peace
    -Ben

17. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    What a wicked bassist. The variation of tone from the soft to the hard parts is so subtle it's poignant! And that descending diddly-diddly lick in the second verse... OH GOD WE HAVE IT! WE HAVE CONFIRMATION OF CREAM! JEEZUS! :D

18. I needa see that! -goes to kazaa- :D

19. Since I got that video I have seen it about 6 times today. They are really really growing on me.

20. And by growing on me, now a days I have had the urge to buy a 5 string thumb, and put high beams on it. I don't know why, but the thumb looks so cool on ryan.