NEW MUSE ALbum: The Resistance!!!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by kaputsport, Aug 6, 2009.

1. I was just joking.

2. I missed the tongue-in-cheekedness. Sorry.

3. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    I'll check it out later today :D

4. Nah, he's right. I'm a total hipster metalhead. I'm sat right now in an DIY recording studio in South Yorkshire wearing an obscure band shirt and everything...

5. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    They're heavier on the piano and slower songs this time out. "The Resistance" and "Unnatural Selection" caught my ear. It's a good album, but I think I like their previous 2 releases a little better.

6. I was very satisfied with this album, not that I expected anything different from Muse. I just felt it was a little too produced. Don't get me wrong I think it's a great album, just isn't my favorite form these guys. Favorite song though is Unnatural Selection.

7. kaputsport

kaputsport

Nov 14, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Atypical, not a typical...
    After 2 weeks of constant rotation, I can say the album is best as a whole, rather than solo songs. Exogenesis was a little bit of a let down, but was incredible overall, for what it was.

The over produced sound, is well... Production. It looks as if Muse was going for a professional product, with a little more R&B feel. After watching the making of, I am inspired. It really makes the album complete. I disliked certain songs, but after watching that, it makes sense.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021