1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Music Man Sub 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lonote, May 15, 2006.

1. Well, I was at Guitar Center on Friday night looking to make a deal. I brought along my g****r along as trade bait since it hadn't been out of its case in months. I didn't want another Fender or Fender clone so I was looking around for something different and noticed a brand new Music Man Sub 5 (red with matte black pickguard) with the active electronics option tagged at $499. They gave me a decent offer on my g****r and the deal was done. I haven't owned a 5er in years and I've never owned an active instrument before. The bass is quite impressive sounding and it is built like a tank...extremely rigid 6 bolt neck attachment and the fret job is immaculate, The finish, which reminds me of spray-on (pick up truck) bedliner, will take some getting used to but it sure is durable.

Sorry, no digital camera.

2. I picked up a Sub 5 active a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it. It's great to play and as mentioned above: solid. Enjoy it.

Out of interest does anyone know what strings the Sub 5 is shipped with. I've e-mailed Music Man but I'm still waiting for them to get back to me.

Cheers

3. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Congrats on the new bass. It should be strung with super slinkies. check the FAQ on the ernie ball website.