New music toys

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Jan 20, 2004.

1. [​IMG]

The former is courtesy of a dude up in Altadena who sold the pair on Craigslist for $90, and the latter is courtesy of TB's own funkycarnivore. (Thanks, dude!)

I can see myself staying up many a night figuring out my new synth. I hope this doesn't hurt my grades. :rolleyes: :D
  2. Wow, 25 views and no comments? Don't y'all want to congratulate me on my ORGY OF GREED?
  3. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Nice snags there Petey. I wish I had a nice stereo in my dorm room (or at least better computer speakers for iTunes). Good times oh smug-one.
  4. AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    nice. I have the same stereo reciever, but alas my cd changer is a five-disc turntable.
    I'm not too familiar with Yamaha synths, my father uses strictly Roland equipment for his band class (he's a middle school band director). Roland midi piano, roland synth, and roland sequencer.
    I myself am interested in old school analog synths, like moogs. Btw, anyone where I can find some good analog synth keyboards for reasonable prices?
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Frankly, Peter, you've got a synth now. I'm worried that soon you'll start listening to Flock of Seagulls and try telling us that aside from their hair "they really were quite visionairy artists."

No good can come from snyths. Techno, techno came from synths. Case in point.
  6. Flock of Seagulls owns. What are you talking about?
  7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
  8. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Guess grad school is paying well these days.

brad cook
  9. Nah, I'm selling my Fafner on consignment at BassNW and I just sold my fretless. Even swap and all.
  10. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Whatever, PeteyMac. We all know you're selling drugs for the Korean mafia. You'll be stacked with Wayne Jones, Alessandro and all customs by next month. What'll be your excuse then? Sold your plasma? :smug: <--- The smug drug thug.

brad cook
  11. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Fer real though...what are you playing through now that you sold your Fafner? Didn't you just get that fretless not too long ago? Just weren't using it enough or what?

brad cook
  12. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Pete, when I was in Graduate school I used student loans to buy gear...But back then digital synths were just starting to come out..

"And I ra-a-an...I ran so far away-ay-ay..."
  13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Nice stuff. I hope that Kenwood lasts longer than mine did.:spit:
  14. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Nice toys, but I wasn't impressed with Bank of America for the short time I had an account with them...

15. Yeah, they're pretty ass. I'm maintaining my Bank One account in the desperate hope that they'll start retail operations in SoCal sometime during the next two years. I fear that it may be a lost cause. :(
  16. I have a Clarus. I got the fretless in December '02 and just wasn't using it enough, and if I ever go fretless again it will be a 6.