New musical directions stemming from laziness!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Aaron Saunders, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Any of you guys/ladies ever been so lazy that you found something you REALLY liked, and never would've thought of otherwise?

In class for the last couple weeks, a guitarist friend of mine will pull out his acoustic and want to jam. Between either not having my amp, or just simply not wanting to pull out my bass, I've been left without an instrument -- so I'd go and grab one of the school's hand drums (usually the bigger of two djembes, but occasionally some congas) and we'd go at it. As a result, I've really come to love the sound of hand drums and went back and listened to Donna Lee (Jaco version) and one of the tracks my brother recorded a few years ago when he was in the same program I'm in now that has hand drums with acoustic guitar. Since then, I've decided that hand drums are going to somehow find their way onto my demo CD, and eventually into my home.
  2. Yeah, the same has happened to me. When i was on tour a few years back, we were in canada and a huge snow storm struck , and we were stuck in our hotel in toronto. The van carrying our gear was stuck 7 hours away. We were stuck there for a week. My guitarist had his acoustic, our drummer had some bongos, and i had nothing but the piano in the hotel cafe. So everyday, all day long , id be at the piano playing jazz stuff, when at the time, i was an all out hard rock guy. It really changed my perspective on music, and made me want to explore more than id ever dream of in music.
  3. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I thought this was a thread on Numetal when I first read it.
  4. ZING! :D