Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Musicman Stingray "S.U.B." Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Superdave, Jun 3, 2003.

1. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Anyone else see these new Musicman basses? It's called a Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray "S.U.B.". It's like a subline of basses, they have 2 band EQ, textured paintjobs, and a metal pickguard. Someone ask for a bass stuck in the '80s? They got for $700 new.

2. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    There are 2 or 3 or 4 very recent threads on this right here in this forum, so you may not get many replies in this thread. Take a look on page 2 or 3 if they're not on page 1 anymore.

3. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    I played 2, one passive, one active, here are my opinions:

They feel weird, the textured paint feels odd, but looks fine, the pickguard is OK, kinda goofy, but not horrible. One was dark red and the other was black. They both looked identical, but sounded different. The passive one sounded like my MTD Kingston, kinda dull, and similiar to a Pbass. The active, OTOH, sound exactly like a Stingray should. It even sounded better than the Stingray they had. I was very mpressed overall. I loved the satin finished neck also. Definitely a good buy.

4. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    There was already a thread? Sorry about that, thought this was the first.