New MXR Super Badass Distortion!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mmbongo, Jul 25, 2013.

1. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Anybody used one yet? I've got one on the way. Always on a quest for something to use for light grit with adjustable mids.

maxresdefault.jpg

2. Hector_G

Hector_G

Apr 6, 2009
    El Paso, Texas
    You now have a responsibility to upload tons of sound clips and videos once you do get this.

Thank you from all of us here at Talk Bass.

3. Emanuel

Emanuel Master of the run-on sentence

Well? How is it? I'm going to try one but you know how it is, gotta gig with it to really know. Thanx.

4. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I too would like to know how the mxr super badass distortion pedal sounds on bass. I'll bet it sounds pretty killer on bass. I also wonder considering that the pedal has a 3-band eq, can this pedal retain lows without blending? I was informed that the one way to use distortion on bass without blending is by adjusting eq controls.

5. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    Sounds awesome. That is all ;)

6. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Dang I forgot about ever even buying this pedal! All I remember is not liking it at all and sending it back the next day. Never came close to replacing my VFE Distortion3. Seems I remember it being somewhat it the 'Rat' territory which I hate.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021