New Nady U33-B UHF Wireless System

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Anybody heard about these? Seem to have good specs 30hz - 18khz, 120 db dynamic range, adjustable bass boost, rack mountable, XLR and 1/4" outs, etc, etc. More info at . Musiciansfriend is blowing these out at $149 even though they are new. Anybody try one or care to speculate?
  2. Quadzilla

Unit came in the mail Friday. I must say, for the $ I'm impressed. I've tried some of their older units and they did not impress me. This unit seems very close to using a cable when I A/B it. There is some extremely MINOR loss of signal/tone but you really have to listen hard for it. It also has an adjustable "bass boost" knob that you can boost the lows with. It seems to work well. I loose no low end on my 5 string. This was all done at home. I'll report back on how it does in a band setting. This might be one of the better bargains of the year!
  3. naja

Oct 14, 2005
    East TN
    Sounds great! Let us know how it does in a band setting.
  4. So, Quadzilla - how's the Nady working? I need to go wireless myself and have never really given any thought to the specs, etc.
  5. SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Bump. Anybody using this?
  6. Quadzilla

Well I just got the rack mounting kit for it and put her in my rack. I've yet to gig with it (small gigs don't warrant it) but have an outdoor gig on the 23rd (bull roast) that I'll be using it on. I'll update you then.
  7. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Im ready to get me one of these. They're $169 at MF now which is still a good price, but there are a couple of very negative reviews already under the user comments. :meh:
  8. Quadzilla

3 reviews:

1 - Said his broke in 5 minutes (I call this a fluke)

2 - Said the 1/4" jack needed resoldering after a while (a lot of equipment I've had over the years has had this problem, that's why I know how to solder :smug: )

3 - Glowing review stating the unit works great and allows more low signal thru than previous units he's had (said his Low B now sings).

What caught my eye about this unit was that it passes frequeny down to 30 hz or so. From what little I've used it thus far, I have to agree that this is true. My low B punches thru loud and clear. Again, I'll report more after the outdoor gig on the 23rd.
  9. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I am particularly interested in seeing how it performs in a running knee slide, multiple vertical leaps with legs extended and bent, crowd dives and a bass toss a la Nirvana's bass player at the MTV Video Music Awards several years ago,

Rock on man. I'm counting on you. The shareholders at Nady are counting on you too.