Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Neck on American Deluxe P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by int, Jan 21, 2002.

1. I just picked up a new American Deluxe P-Bass last week and was wondering if an American Deluxe Jazz neck will fit on this thing. I have small hands and fingers and prefer the slimmer jazz neck, but I couldn't get the sounds I got from the P out of my head for three days after I saw it, hence the purchase. So anyone know if it will fit?

Thanks ahead.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Hmmm. Maybe you shoulda got the Mexican P Deluxe Special. It comes with the Jazz neck. Dunno the answer.

[​IMG]

3. I did play the Mexican, but I wasn't able to get the same tones out of it. The price was definately better though. :)

4. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Hi,
    Yes, the jazz neck will fit no problem.
    The neck pocket dimensions are identical.
    Mind you,I would persevere with the P neck..
    You'll soon get used to it.
    :D

5. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Ditto on what Paul said. I wouldn't jump the gun to quickly on switching the neck. I have a P-Deluxe and was concerned about the neck at first. I got used to it in no time. It became even more comfortable than my thinner neck basses.

6. My RB5 has a C size neck and I have small hands. No problem at all with a bit of practice. I now prefer it.

7. I'm not looking to change the neck for a while. I still gotta pay for this thing! :)

I'm used to it already, I started out on a Mexican P-Bass, but I still prefer the Jazz neck in the end.

Thanks for letting me know it will work.