1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Neck on American Deluxe P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by int, Jan 21, 2002.

1. int

int

Jan 21, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    I just picked up a new American Deluxe P-Bass last week and was wondering if an American Deluxe Jazz neck will fit on this thing. I have small hands and fingers and prefer the slimmer jazz neck, but I couldn't get the sounds I got from the P out of my head for three days after I saw it, hence the purchase. So anyone know if it will fit?

Thanks ahead.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Hmmm. Maybe you shoulda got the Mexican P Deluxe Special. It comes with the Jazz neck. Dunno the answer.

[​IMG]

3. int

int

Jan 21, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    I did play the Mexican, but I wasn't able to get the same tones out of it. The price was definately better though. :)

4. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Hi,
    Yes, the jazz neck will fit no problem.
    The neck pocket dimensions are identical.
    Mind you,I would persevere with the P neck..
    You'll soon get used to it.
    :D

5. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Ditto on what Paul said. I wouldn't jump the gun to quickly on switching the neck. I have a P-Deluxe and was concerned about the neck at first. I got used to it in no time. It became even more comfortable than my thinner neck basses.

6. My RB5 has a C size neck and I have small hands. No problem at all with a bit of practice. I now prefer it.

7. int

int

Jan 21, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm not looking to change the neck for a while. I still gotta pay for this thing! :)

I'm used to it already, I started out on a Mexican P-Bass, but I still prefer the Jazz neck in the end.

Thanks for letting me know it will work.