Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Nemesis models

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bmc, Jan 19, 2006.

1. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Great, I just got an NC210 a little while ago. Oh well I suits my need just fine, I have an Eden big rig if 250 watts is not enough.

2. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    ha ha- rock star nemesis combos... did you see the new eden rocco 8x10? that looks interesting...

3. i'm all for this if it decreases resale value of the NC210 -- i would love to pick one up for even cheaper than they've been going in the past.

robb.

4. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    :spit:

5. how much do you want for yours? :smug:

robb.

6. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    :) Not for sale, yet, but I don't want it to be obsolete either.

Watch the WT800's now that the WT800B is out. The B is a great design, but watch what happens the the 800 prices. For that matter,people are trading in the 800 for the WT1205. That doesn't help them either. Don't get me wrong I love the upgrades, but I'm glad I got in after the fact.

7. on a grander scale, imagine how much trouble i had trying to sell my honda civic Si in detroit after the new Si model was announced and advertised.

i feel your pain.

robb.

8. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    ha ha ha calling a 210P "obsolete". I've got a '67 Blackface Bassman which sounds absolutely fantastic. It certainly isn't "obsolete".

If it makes noise it works.

9. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    one thing about these rockstar combos is that they have plywood cabinets- while this isn't "bad", it does make them heavier...

10. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I was intrigued by that as well. Their lightness was one of the strong draws of the line. Will plywood make them sound better?

11. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Don't forget the new Nemesis head as well, the NA650. I got one and am VERY impressed. It's basically a WT550 with a little less power and an added "Edge" control (tube distortion emulation) and costs a HELL of a lot less than a new 550. I can't tell the difference between this and the WT550 tone wise... Oh, the one shipping adds an extra Neutrik Speakon connector on the back (2 vs 1).

[​IMG]