1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD NEW, never played! ESP LTD B-4Z NS Bass - 5 pc. neck through body Zebrawood Top, Ebony Fingerboard

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by thespoon, Nov 29, 2015.

1. thespoon

thespoon Cynically Optimistic

Price:
    Strings:
    NEW - Never played.

Great sustain and deep, pure tone.

upload_2015-11-29_15-33-53.

The ESP LTD B-4 bass guitar has a natural mahogany body and neck-through design complemented by active electronics. The sustain and resonance of the neck-through construction and choice woods are further enhanced by a string-thru-body bridge. Includes volume and balance controls as well as active 3-band EQ.

SPECIFICATIONS
    • 5 Pc laminated Maple/Mahogany Neck
    • Neck-Through-Body construction
    • String through body
    • 34” Scale
    • Mahogany Body Wings
    • Ebony Fingerboard
    • Zebrawood top and headstock veneer
    • 40mm Standard Nut
    • Fast Extra Thin U Neck Contour
    • 24 XJ Frets
    • Black Nickel Hardware
    • Grover ESP Tuners
    • LTD BB-604 Bridge: String-Thru-Body or top load
    • ESP SB-4 (B & N) passive pickups
    • ESP ABQ-3 3-Band Active EQ
    • Finish: NS (Natural Satin)
    • Strings: 45-105 Cleartone coated rounds

CONTROLS
    •Bass Boost/Cut
    •Mid Boost/Cut
    •Treble Boost/Cut
    •Master Volume
    •Balance/blend

Includes padded gig bag.
    upload_2015-11-29_15-33-53. b4z-new-fret-1.
    b4z-new=headstock.
    b4z-new1. b4z-new=top-1.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  2. Richie Se7en

Richie Se7en I've been wrong before... it was back in '87 Supporting Member

I don't see any photo's... stock or otherwise... ?

3. gwangi

gwangi

Jul 4, 2009
    Forbidden Valley

Man I wish this was a 5 or 6 string I would snag it from you, BEAUTIFUL bass BUMP!!!!

Marc61 likes this.
  4. thespoon

Still just sittin' in a box, waiting for adoption.

5. RHA III

RHA III Supporting Member

Jul 22, 2012
    OR
    Weight? Where is it made?

6. thespoon

Weight is 8.5 lbs.
    Made in Indonesia
    Inspected and setup in the USA by ESP.

7. Jayneck Peabody

Jayneck Peabody Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    A
    A better price compared to the store and a free gig bag. Not bad at all! I have an LTD B4-B (the same bass with a bubinga top and ebony fingerboard) and I absolutely love it. The LTD B-series is rightfully touted for it's build-quality and great value. I've found mine to be fast-playing and really fun to handle. Tone was great but I did change to Aquilar pups and OBP-3 pre-amp to really make it roar. Also noteworthy, almost all of the B4's I've seen have an ebony top (the B4-E) and are no where near as pretty as a zebrawood or bubinga top. GLWTS!!!

BTW, I so like my LTD I just bought an LTD B-204SM FL NS online to be my first fretless bass. Can barely wait until it shows up!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  8. thespoon

The reason you only see the B-4-Es is that the -Bs and -Zs are no more. ESP ceased production on the Bs in 2013 (IIRC), followed by the Zs in 2014.

Thanks for the tips on pup/pre-amp mods. I am currently running the stock pre-amp with some slightly hotter pups.

I bought 4 of these B-4Zs when ESP discontinued them. This is the last of the "spares" :rolleyes: that I told myself I needed. I have been playing one for the last year and half. Probably won't sell that one, ever. Whenever I need a pick-me-up playing, the B4 never lets me down.

:thumbsup: Those bubinga topped B-4s are lovely :woot:, rare, and NO ONE wants to part with them.

Jayneck Peabody likes this.
  9. Jayneck Peabody

Aug 15, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA

Outstanding! Thanks for the info! I didn't know why I saw so few B4-B's and Z's. One thing I forgot to add is how much warmth the mahogany body adds to the tone. I've found it very easy to get a passive p-bass sound out my B4-B. One thing though; I think the 5 piece neck is maple and walnut. That's what mine is anyway.

10. thespoon

Specs are 5 pc. maple/mahogany on the B4-E. I assumed they would be the same.

While I was verifying that info on ESPs site, I found this drool:

B-1004SE MULTI-SCALE NS

xlarge b-1004.

11. Jayneck Peabody

Aug 15, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    That's a real beauty! I suspect my skills are too limited for me to handle fanned frets ( I started playing bass at 58, 2 years ago, and it's my first musical instrument) but I understand why it's done.
    When I bought my B4-B the website said it was walnut in the neck and it sure looks like walnut. The coloration, grain, and even the small knot visible in the back also say walnut to me. I suspect ESP uses what's handy at the time and sometimes the "specs" don't always match reality. I've seen the specs sometime say it's mahogany, sometimes walnut, and sometimes rosewood. Here's one listing that says rosewood in one part of the ad......and then mahogany in another section of the ad. Gelb Music - ESP LTD B4B NAT SATIN Whatever the case I find their necks to be really fast and very stable; and all 3 woods are excellent choices for 5 piece necks.

12. thespoon

Tentatively sold. Awaiting payment.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  13. thespoon

Sold. To the man in Manhatten.