1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NEW nine inch nails Albums JUST RELEASED: Ghosts I-V

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JanusZarate, Mar 4, 2008.

1. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    This one literally came out from nowhere. Announced the other day without any press other than the announcement on the Nine Inch Nails website. But the fans knew. :ninja:

The four parts are 100% instrumental - that's right, no vocals on these tracks. All-new stuff. It seems to span the ground they've covered from ambient noise to piano tracks to industrial riffage, and some other interesting surprises. I'm still listening to the new stuff, but this is definitely straying from the new ground they were treading with Year Zero... it's in more traditional NIN territory. :)

In the words of Trent Reznor, it's a "soundtrack for daydreams"...

They're having some problems with the main site (ghosts.nin.com) because of the overwhelming bandwidth demands from those trying to download it, but all four parts are also on Amazon for a mere $5.00 for everything. The better quality versions and extras are only with the versions on the NIN website, though. It might be back up and running again, but I haven't checked back yet.

The first part - Ghosts I - is free on the main NIN website (www.nin.com).

Just thought the NIN fans on the TB community might be interested.

2. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Psh, I already posted this in Recordings.

Trying to steal my thunder, eh?

If you look at my post, I provide a BitTorrent link to Ghost I that NIN put on The Pirate Bay. It's got like, 3000 seeders and downloads very, very fast.

It's pretty awesome (Ghost I) and I'm going to plunk down the $5 when I've got a way to pay for it online.

3. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
  4. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Well, looks like you just have to send me your pedal board to compensate. :ninja:

5. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    You don't even know what's on it anymore. It could be all Behringer. :ninja:

6. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    You and I both know there's no reason not to add more pedals to your pedal board.

(you tell me yours and I'll tell you mine :ninja:)

7. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Uh... well, I've got...

...LOOK! A GHOST!

:bag:

8. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    For the record, I'd use a Behringer pedal if I thought it sounded good. I might even repaint it and write "Fear This" on it, and you'd never know :p

I've never heard of a GHOST before... clips? ;)

Do you really not have a pedalboard? You're always posting in Effects, how can you not have a pedalboard?!

EDIT: oh my god, you changed your avatar while I was posting this, and I nearly had a mild heart attack when the page refreshed.

Mystic Boo-1
    DelugeofSound-0

9. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    How about a photo instead?

[​IMG]

The rest shall remain a mystery... for now. :ninja:

10. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    To further twist this thread off topic:
    I finally did a myspace search of your band, and I like it.
    (and now I know your first name!)

11. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Oddly enough, the stuff you like does not have my basslines yet. Nor are any of the songs I've written been uploaded yet.

We're hoping to get the new vocals and bass tracks recorded soon... and when they are...

... :ninja: