New No Doubt Song

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by fleabass89, Dec 19, 2001.

1. I just heard the new song on TV, the "Hey baby" one.. and it <b><h3>SUCKS!!!</h3></b>
    They completely abandoned what they were. Really now, what the hell were they thinking when they wrote this? And the other songs on the album, so I've heard are the same way. It sounds like Pink or Britney Spears. I'm disgusted.. Maybe Gwen has been hanging around with Eve or some other rapper chicks too much.
  2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    yeah, i was about to post the same thing... (not mad...but disapointed)

i hear old No Doubt and it´s nothing like that single (because i haven´t heard the whole album)

but it´s not a cool change...
  3. The entire new CD is like that. I respect an artists wish to change the style of music they play, but that doens't mean that I like it ;).

BTW I live in the area where Gwen used to live, its funny how many people are "Friends of friends with her cousins" and the such.

Same thing with the Offspring. Though my bio teacher taught Noodles from the Offspring and still has lunch and stuff with him sometimes.
  4. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Thats too bad... I like that band too.@:( Doesnt this belong in recordings?
  5. I also was highly disappointed by the new single, "Hey Baby". If the rest of that album sounds like the single, then I must say they have REALLY sold out. I'm definately not buying makes me really sad that a really successful ska/punk band like them had to go and turn pop. :(
  6. I`ve never been a big fan of the band ,although I like two of thier songs very much (Don`t Speak,and Simple Kind of Life).

Seems they are becoming more and more "a.m." or "bubblegum" for want of a better word here.Too bad since Tony Kanal is a really talented bassist too.I`ll usually watch thier videos just to see him play/what gear he runs....ok I like to watch that Slinky lil Gwen bounce around too! :D :p
  7. I wouldn't necessarily call it selling out, I think and artist has the right to change their music to anything they want, they just have to know that the consequences may be losing their fans.

Selling out would be coming on stage and saying something like "Remeber use new Tide with bleach if you want to be just like Gwen." Or doing something similar on a commercial.
  8. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Total sell out song, yet, if Gwen Stefani asked me to the Sadie Hopkins dance, I would still say yes.
  9. It absolutely sucks. Their videos seem more stereotypical hip-hoppish too. :(
  10. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    good changes are like the one Radiohead constantly do... but this is selling out IMO
  11. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Me too! (As long as my wifey said it was okay.)
  12. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain

I heard that they returned to they roots...... but that song is pure crap!!!
  13. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    my sister had the CD in while we were goin to school and i'm disapointed. I like Tony Kanal as a bassist-like it was said earlier i like watchin the videos to see what bass he was playing. I usually like their stuff but the latest is too techno/keyboardy synth for me. Like all the ambient background stuff is what gets me, and then i arrive at school and revive myself by playin some jazz band or first edition music.
  14. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I like Bounty Killer part. I think it sounds really cool. The rest of the song isn't to great, but that BK part is funny, and sounds just cool to me. Enough so to download the song so I could hear that part a few times...
  15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yep, and that's where it is headed.:)

And Gwen Stefani? Yeow! I would say yes to her in an instant.:D
  16. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, we already know she's cool with the Bass player, right? And heck, I wouldn't say yes, I'd skip vocalizing, and go straight to drooling like a Tex Avery cartoon gone amuck.
  17. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Another band ruined by Glen Ballard.
  18. Yeah isn't Gwen going out with Capn' Bush Gavin or whatever his name is... I could kick his ass though. OH and by the way, Max is the coolest talkbassist EVER! Everything about Max is awesome, picture, signature, the reply he made. If I was a chick I would do him, but I'm not so I respect him. :D ;) :confused: :cool:
  19. Yeah, you're right. A band is allowed to do whatever they want, it's their music afterall. Kind of like how Metallica went from underground speed/thrash metal band to popular hard rock band. However, just like Metallica did when they released Load & RELoad, No Doubt are going to lose a good bit of their old fans. They've really gone astray from their roots, is basically what I'm saying. And I wish they had not. :(

But even so....Gwen Stefani wants none of you! She wants only ME! ME ME ME!! *takes his Gwen, runs away, and hides her*

:rolleyes: ;) :D