Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New NOFX cd!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by frankencow150, Apr 25, 2002.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Yep,you've heard right.New cd coming in about a month or so,its called "45 or 46 songs that weren't good enough to go on our other records".It's b-sides and rare songs,and you can download "electricity" from www.punkhardcore.com. I just dl'ed it,and it's good.I dont see why it wasnt put on a cd.So I guess this cd is gonna be good!Yay!

2. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Thanks for the heads up.

3. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Yeeehaw. Hopefully it wont be to expensive. Pump Up the Valuum was 20 bucks.:(

4. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Where'd ya buy it from?I see it at Best Buy for like $13 all the time.One peice of advice...never buy from the mall!All cd's are like $20.

The new cd will probably be around $13.May a bit more since it has so many songs.MxPx had a cd with 32 songs and it was just the normal price.I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

5. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    I think it might be more than 13 dollars since its a double cd. The 2nd cd will have both **** the kids and surfer.

Also keep in mind I live in Canada.

6. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Oh yeah..everything in Canada is more...but the same!

It may not be a double cd because most nofx songs are really short(as are alot of punk!).One of my friends burned a cd and fit 43 bad religion songs on it!

Supergreg,I sent you a PM.

7. Noah-Fecks

Noah-Fecks

Sep 13, 2000
    Scotia, NY
    The song "electricity" is a cover song that was released on the compilation, Before you were Punk 2. The sad thing about that cd is I've bought all the cd's those other songs were released on except for a few truley unreleased ones like Pimps & Hookers.

8. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Who originally did "electricity"?

9. Noah-Fecks

Noah-Fecks

Sep 13, 2000
    Scotia, NY
    the crappy new wave band OMD.

10. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Most of those songs were on cds, singles that is. I believe Electricity was on one.

11. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Aren't all new wave bands crappy?:p

No offense NewWaveBasser!

12. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    I bought it today,and well...I really like it!Disc one is all unreleased, and compilation songs.Very good.Disc two is f**k the kids and Surfer ep.This disc isnt that good because its mostly joking and stuff.But hey,the cd was only $13.Just the cd booklet was worth the 13 dollars.I defintely reccomend this cd to anyone.

13. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Yeah I got it also. I actually like the second cd more. Its just fun.

14. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Yeah I listened to disc 2 more,there are actually some good songs on there,cant think of them off the top of my head.

15. Rancid_nufan

Rancid_nufan Guest

May 30, 2002
    Melbourne, Australia
    has anyone played the decline, all the way through in a full band. I find it quite challenging, especially singing

16. has anyone checked out that rancid/nofx split? i heard it's suppose to be good, they do each other's songs. Tim Armstrong singing "don't call me white"
    what's up with that?

17. Rancid_nufan

Rancid_nufan Guest

May 30, 2002
    Melbourne, Australia
    i have the cd mate. Quite good, but i would hesitate to buy it, not the best, Matt Freeman sings dont call me white, cookie monster style

18. sounds interesting....? thanks for the heads-up! i just can't wait to see NOFX on the warped tour!! hoorah!!!

19. I got the new NOFX cd a week ago. This cd is the stuff. 2 cds for 13 bucks, cant go wrong there. "Electricity" and "Lower" are my favorite songs off of the first cd, and my favorites off of the 2nd cd are "fun things to f***/juice head" (well, its sorta like a medly) "three on speed" and "i gotta pee"

20. Noah-Fecks

Noah-Fecks

Sep 13, 2000
    Scotia, NY
    Yeh the book is alone worth the $13 bucks especially in my opinion since i've heard most of the songs before. Did anyone notice the harmonies on Vincent that weren't on Survival of the Fattest comp.? The nofx/rancid split is one that causes mixed feelings. Some songs are hard to listen to but the best are "Radio" & "Stickin' in my eye".