New Nofx

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by supergreg, May 12, 2003.

1. supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    The War on Errorism is now out. What does everyone think about it. Ill give my review.

1.The Seperation of Church and Skate- A great song to open up the Cd. Really good lyrics. Definitly shows how Nofx has matured musically since their early albums.

2. The Irrationality of Rationality- Pretty good song. I like the lyrics but Fat Mike is pretty much spitting out Michael Moore-esque rhetoric. Luckily I like Michael Moore.

3. Franco Un-American-Good pop punk song. I like the addition of keyboards into the band.Very good lyrics particularily the lines: "never looked around/never second guessed/ than I read some Howard Zinn/ Now Im Always Deppressed/ And I can't sleep/ form all the apathy/ all because I read a little Noam Chomsky."

4. The Idiots Are Taking Over- Good song. Starts out with a good little bass riff. Good lyrics.

5. She's Nubs- Classic Nofx silly song. Im not a big fan of the first minute or so but it picks up after the guitar lead kicks in. Good harmonies at the end.

6. Mattersville- Good, funny song. But, they had already released this song on a comp so I was dissapointed with this being on the album.

7.Decomposeur- Good song. Once again shows how the muscianship and lyric writing has improved through the years.

8. Medio-core- Very good song. Shows that Nofx arent just a punk band, they can also write a catchy pop song.

9. Anarchy Camp- Funny Ska satire. Nice work on the bass in this song.

10. American Errorist- Good, classic, minute and some, political punk song. Very good lyrics and a good bass line.

11. We Got Two Jealous Again- Good song about falling in love with a girl with the same taste in music. Very good music.

12. 13 Stiches- Good song. I like the effects that they used to make it sound like the song was on the radio.

13. Regaining Unconciuosness- Kind of dissapointed in this song. Fairly good lyrics but the music is generic.

14. Whoops, I od'd- Good song. Very sad and a departure from the usual music that Nofx write.
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I heard the idiots are taking does have a cool bass riff...made me appreicate picks more.
  3. NOFX are one of the most inconsistent bands in the world. Most of their albums aren't even worth getting (I guess thats because of all the B-sides etc. that are on the records they release). However, I've heard good things about War on Errorism, so I might have to check it out.