Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Nordstrand pickup site on the way....

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by JPJ, Nov 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I had a chance to check out/preview the new Nordstrand pickup site this weekend and I am pleased to say that this new site is going to be outstanding!!! :hyper: :D :hyper:

Carey and I have had some general info on the Nordstrand line up on our respective sites for the last 6-8 months or so, but this new site will be totally dedicated to the Nordstrand pickups. Carey's fat stacks and dual coils will soon be offered, and you can look for a 5-string P pickup in the future as well ;). Wiring schematics, tone descriptions, more photos, and a lot of handy info will be available, which will make the process of replacing your pickups even easier than it already is. The site is in the final finishing stages as we speak, so keep your eyes and ears peeled for an unveiling fairly soon! :smug:

2. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    watching and waiting... :hyper:

3. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Funny, I was just looking at nordstrandguitars.com this afternoon and thinking "man, if only Carey would do a P5..."

How far in the future are we talking about?

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Are custom pickup covers an option?

Im interested in trying them in my 5 string Valenti that has EMG soapbars in it.

5. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I don´t have anything against you Jay, or Nordstrand for that matter.

You are just treading a fine line between writing a glowing article and full out spam/advertising.....

If you have any Q's, feel free to PM me.

6. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Msquared,
    That's a good question! :D This is something that I've been encouraging Carey to do. Only problem is that the tip of my whip doesn't reach all the way to California! ;) Seriously...it's something that is in the works, but with NAMM and the holidays coming up, it might still be a couple of months away.

Nick man,
    Once the soapbar style pickups are available, the covers that they come in might fit your EMGs. I'd start there first.

Ivar,
    I understand where you're coming from, but I see TB as a place where we can share information, which was the intent of my post. I too am against advertising and don't think it has any place in the forums. If you look at my posts, I don't think you'll find a history of blantant, or even questionable, posts on my part. In fact, I rarely even post photos for this same purpose...I don't want to convey the impression of advertising. I don't think that my post even comes close to what goes on in the Basses forum on a regular basis, but I do recognize your concern. I was just excited about a new website that I felt would be of great benefit to a lot of fellow TBers...especially those who frequenct the Pickups forum. :)

7. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    There are a couple of Nordstrand pups that will be going into my Hoyt 6-string fretless that is currently being built. I look forward to hearing these pups. Karl Hoyt recommended them to me.

8. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Hehe :)

I know that you are no trouble maker ;)

I understand your motives and it´s cool by me...We just have to watch out for "free advertizing" here :)

9. tiefling

tiefling

Aug 19, 2003
    Washington DC
  10. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...... :bag:

Good guess! :smug: :D

11. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

.... how so? so you can sell pickups to us???

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Relax dude.

He could always sell pickups to us and did in the past. This is just a new page dedicated to the pickups thats not on the rest of the Nordstrand basses site.

13. In Jay's defense, he isn't Carey's only pickup dealer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.