1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Octave Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Geddyfleaharris, May 17, 2011.

1. Just had this delivered today. I bought it based on a very, very positive review of it in the English Bass Guitar Magazine. They raved about it. Dave at Foxrox was excellant to deal with. It's numbered 352. :bassist:

Can't wait to give it a whirl tonight!

IMG00194-20110517-1028.

2. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    Awesome pedal. Huge, but awesome.

3. Metal Bassist

Metal Bassist

Nov 6, 2010
    Wales, UK
    How much was it?

4. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    Octron 2 is three bills.

5. Yuppers.

6. odin70

odin70

Dec 26, 2007
    No bass demo on youtube?

How can it be better than the BBS? Is that possible?

7. My octron was meh but I would like to hear the octron2 with some pedals through that effects loop!!

8. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    I want one of these... but I'm pretty much out of space on my pedalboard. :(

9. moles

moles

Jan 24, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB
    Nice. Do post some clips, I'm in the market....

10. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    BBS? Do you mean EBS? The EBS is probably my least favorite Octaver. Tracks well, but the tone doesn't do it for me. The Octron is either my first or second favorite.

11. GHI

GHI

May 27, 2008
    Norway
    I don't think it will sound much different from having the pedals after it. The loop is just in front of the bypass switch, so anything placed in it will still affect the signal as a whole and not just the added octaves. It merely acts as a loop switcher to save stomps.

12. Jam119

Jam119 Supporting Member

This pedal ended my search. The I leave it on all the time a the buffer fattens the tone a bit... and don't forget to run the octave up with you dry signal for some killer harmonic fuzz... it sounded so close to my b:assmaster I sold it...

13. odin70

odin70

Dec 26, 2007
    Sorry..i meant EBS of course. I tried it last week and i really liked it. It would be interesting to hear the octron. I couldnt find a bass demo on youtube.

14. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    My favorite analog octaver!
    I've owned one of these in the past, but due to some serious gear downsizing it's no longer with me. Don't forget to pop it open and mess with the internal switches and trimpots (mark your settings before you start) to see where you like them set the most.

15. Had the Octron and loved it- best octaver I ever owned. Sold it when I sold my pedal board, and I regret it. It is on my gas shortlist.

16. Sunnburn

Sunnburn Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Dayton, Oh
    Hello, I still have Your(Mine) Octron and I love it also. I end up using it before my Supercollider for some super doomy grind. The only octaver I've tried that has close to as much character is actually the OC-2.