Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New of Custom ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by madsky, May 3, 2001.

1. madsky

madsky

Apr 21, 2001
    Bangkok, Thailand
    I posted this because I want to know your opinions! I have an amount of cash to spend this week. I want to ask whether I should customize my old bass or just get a new one.Which way is better and which way do you usually go with? [i own an Aria Pro II Avante AVBTN5 : i said this 10 times :)] I asked other people in another forum about customization. [in setup OBVIOUSLY ;)] Uh... ok :D

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    1) How much money?

2) What kind of customization are you talking about?

3) What other basses are you looking at?

3. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    With what about your Aria are you displeased. You may or may not be able to remedy it.

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

If the sound isn't where you'd like, BUT its playability and feel are just right, and you've tried others out there, I'd go for the upgrades. Finding a bass that just "fits" you is something to hold onto.

If the "fit" and/or playability isn't all that you would like, I'd go shopping. By the time you've got high-end pups and bridge purchased and installed professionally, you could have been well on your way to a new instrument, IMO, unless you go to a really expensive boutique bass.