1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New "old" Acoustic 370

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sanderic, Jul 26, 2012.

1. sanderic

sanderic

Jun 3, 2011
    Well, it only took 35 years, but I finally have my 370. Cosmetically, it's in bad condition, but works well. I plan on a complete restoration. Does anyone know where I could find that white vinyl striping? I,m scared that removal of the original will destroy it.

Attached Files:

2. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    No idea on the white vinyl, but CONGRATS!! :)

3. I'm sorry, I can't help you with the piping, but I completely restored mine (several years ago) and it cost me in the neighborhood of $50 for the tolex. Let me look upo my records. There WAS a guy in Florida who was selling tolex, piping etc...I'll get right back with you.

Good Luck!

*edit* Unfortunately I have lost his contact info but if you periodically check Ebay, he occasionally cells products there under "acoustic bass amp". Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but if you can locate him, he sells the actual tolex used by ACC back in the day.

Congratulations on the 370!!

4. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Great rigs. Go to http://unofficialacousticcontrolcorpmessageboard.yuku.com. Tons of info etc. and some very informative folks.

I bought some of the white vinyl striping when I restored my 301 cab about 4 1/2 years ago. I found the exact stuff on Ebay. I just checked and the same seller does not appear to be on Ebay now. However, there is another listing for what appears to be the same stuff from a seller in Georgia. Go to Ebay, type in white t-molding and look at the 20' x 3/4 inch listing. That looks like the correct stuff by size and looks. I still have my Ebay printout from when I bought mine and it bears that same description. I bought the tolex at Parts Express, part #260-760 vinyl cabinet covering black bronco. Good luck and enjoy. :cool:

5. sanderic

sanderic

Jun 3, 2011
    Folks, thanks so much for your information.