Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New (old) amp ordered. GK MB115 content.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sunvalleylaw, Dec 31, 2013.

1. sunvalleylaw

sunvalleylaw

Dec 27, 2013
    I am a guitar player and newbie bass player, having just got a Squier VM Jag short scale. I went amp shopping, asking advice here, and after heavily considering very heavy Peavey TNT amps, and a few others, I ordered a used GK MB115.

After looking around and shopping some, I pulled the trigger on a used Gallien Krueger MB115

After listening to the sage advice here, and considering my needs, I went for the more modern amp in the much, much lighter package. I started thinking that portability was a big thing here for me, and that the peavey, as much as I believe in Peavey and think I would enjoy that tone, would end up being a pain to try to use, especially hauling around to jams and such. The TC Electronics one looked really cool, but was going to run me about a hundred more than what I paid.

Description:

Ultralight, super-portable power on the go.

The MB115 bass combo amp from Gallien-Krueger delivers a big sound from an ultralight, compact package. At 35 pounds and 200W, the bass amplifier has the power to be heard in any situation. The GK MB115 also features a 15" speaker, active 4-band EQ with contour, and defeatable limiter.

Features
    200W digital power amp
    15" Speaker
    Active 4-band EQ with contour
    1/8" aux input
    Headphone jack
    Defeatable limiter

Thanks for letting me pick all your brains on this!