1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Old Bass Day and Odd Story....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bertbassplayer, Oct 26, 2018.

1. bertbassplayer

bertbassplayer Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    Got a new bass today... well a used bass a 2003 Fender American Series Precision. The story is a little more interesting.

This morning I was listening to the Chasing Tone Podcast with Brian Wampler from Monday. Brian and Blake were talking about gear that got away and immediately I thought about this American Precision that I used to have that I let go about a decade ago.

Anyway this is where the bass comes in: I went to Guitar Center to get something for my keyboard setup. I ended up heading over to the used wall and I see this Precision Bass that looks a lot like the one I used to have. I pull it off the wall... and it is a 2003 the same year of the one I used to have. Same setup, same year, same color, everything. Honestly, I don't remember what the exact serial number for the I had was and I sold or traded it like a decade ago on Craigslist. There is a strong possibility this is the same bass that I sold/traded years ago that I wish I still had. Anyway I just had to get it... fortunately when I came home my wife didn't kill me over it.

xA4fYbq.

2. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Cool story, cool bass!