New (old) Cab Day EPIC SCORE (ampeg content)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by loveandbass, Sep 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Neighbor called me down because they were cleaning out their garage and wanted me to look at some sled for the kids. Well........this cab was just sitting there with a bunch of other random stuff so I asked about it. They said...."you can just take it; we felt bad about tossing it in the garbage. It works fine as far as we know."
    IMG_0329.JPG

Needless to say, im pretty happy about getting this thing for ZERO DOLLARS. Also got 2 vintage Coleman steel belted coolers that have me smitten. What a day!!!

I would be remiss if i didnt plug my EP here as well.
    Summer, by spacecaps

metallicafan18, dabis, klejst and 8 others like this.
  2. JeffC23

JeffC23

Aug 1, 2017
    Ohio
    Beautiful!! That's a sweet deal, and you can't beat the price!

loveandbass likes this.
  3. Anyone have experience with this beast?

4. deathness

deathness

Jan 19, 2015
    BKLYN
    I have stronger feelings than I probably should for my Coleman steel-belted cooler.

loveandbass and S-Bigbottom like this.
  5. Is it a BSE410 (HLF???) ???
    Congrats! !!

Funny, I just took a closer look.... looks like a SVT410HE inside a larger 410HLF box :roflmao:
    But still my guess is the BSE410 made in US by SLM either late 90's or early 2000s

loveandbass likes this.

6. its the PR410HLF
    Ampeg: Pro Series - PR-410HLF

rodl2005 likes this.
  7. Yes, it's a PR-410HLF. It has higher power handling than the svt410hlf. It goes just as low and has cast low frequency driver frames and a better horn. This cab does not suffer from a lack of mids like the svt410hlf does. But it's heavy as hell and ugly as sin.

loveandbass likes this.
  8. IMG_0477.JPG

daveman50 likes this.
  9. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    The SVT 410hlf's don't have that lack of mids since about 2010 or thereabouts, either.

I've only used a PR-410hlf once on a fly gig years ago, but my experience with it was pretty positive. Does go super low but like Chris said, it sounds a lot tighter than the SVT 410hlf's made till about 2010.

10. Jimmy, are saying you think the mid-shyness of the SVT-410HLF has been completely fixed since 2010? I wouldn't know if it had. Mine- which does suffer- was bought new in 2010. My understanding is that the mid-range was only somewhat improved since 2010, not fixed entirely - but again- I haven't played through one.

11. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Well I guess that's in the ear of the beholder whether it's completely fixed or not. I couldn't tell you if the mids are as present as an 810e, and honestly, I doubt they're that level, as there's always some tradeoffs for going super low. But I thought they were quite improved.

Chris 'Wighat' Jordan likes this.
  12. bigtone23

bigtone23

Dec 10, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Nice score!
    I toured with a bassist with a late 90s PR410HE, it was a beast to move, but sounded like a beast, too!

JimmyM likes this.
  13. Nice score, congrats! I played through one of of those in a Guitar Center last year and loved it. I tried to lift it and fell out of love pretty quickly :wideyed:

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021