1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NEW OLD CAB FROM K.C. 310212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fred Mott, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Fred Mott

Fred Mott

Nov 20, 2010
    Hi Guys Iam up in Kansas City, visiting my cousin and a guy up here is selling an Schroder 310212 probally spelled it wrong anyway its mint condition. It has 310s and 212s like it saids and is rated 2100 watts. He told me he is not going to gig anymore and was only going to play in church, he was up in years and was getting rid of everything and keep is SWR 350pro and 410 and it was staying at the church. Do you guys know anything about these cabs I bought it for $200 bucks.

2. I have one, it's loud and heavy with low mid bump. if you have the casters it's easy to move though. Make sure it is wired properly with all speakers in phase and at 4 ohms because a few left the factory wired incorrectly.. Judging by today's standards it's probably not the best arrangement of speakers, the way it is wired causes the 16 ohm 10" to run louder than the others.. It's quite a small cab considering how many speakers it has in it and has quite a high low frequency rolloff.

That said, it is a great cab to gig with, goes really loud, cuts through the mix easily and takes a ton of wattage without even flinching. If you're playing dub or something that requires deep full low end, probably not the best choice, it's more suited to a tight punchy kinda sound, similar to an ampeg 810.

3. Nightlyraider

Nightlyraider

Sep 30, 2009
    Minneapolis
    For $200 you cannot possibly go wrong here.

4. Agreed, $200 is a steal! I've gigged this cab for a few years now. It has always served me well. I think only a few were made so not many will be able to comment on it

5. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    And if you don't buy, let me know. I'm in KC and could be interested!

6. I just traded for one, about a couple weeks ago and its in mint condition, I haven't had a chance to use it yet, I hook it up once to my SWR 700 workingmanpro and work reel well. Lam wanting to use it with a Hartke LH1000 Iam going to get and figure out away to hook it up with a 15. The guys here told me about a place to get a cable that will make the amp think it running a 8ohm load to get a little more bottom. I think it will be cool. I got mine down by Austin Tx.

7. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    you just got an awesome deal, man. I'm jealous!

8. rdpbass

rdpbass Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2005
    Utah
    I,ve had one for 5 or 6 years. I like the cab and used it allot before I built two of green boy's Fearful tube 15/6's . They sound great and do make sure it's wired correctly. Mine came wired wrong ,but Jorg helped me out. If its wired wrong it won't sound good at all, it will kind a sound distorted.