New Old Grind NTB!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by XtromatriX, Sep 7, 2005.

1. XtromatriX

Dec 18, 2004
    I just go a used Peavey Grind 5 NTB, I have the same bass In the 4 string version. The 5 string is used, but not batterd and in great condition, the 4 string seems to be a newer model but to be honest the the quality in the 5 sring is much better than in the newer model. When I baught it from the music store they had a newer model and the used one I baught... I played both of them and the older model had more punch, and and a better quality finish, the neck adjust perfectly and there the bass feels really good to play. I also baught an Ibanez SR505 5 string bass about 6 months ago, I had some trouble with it and when I took it to the dealer he said that it wasn't my fault, they sent it back to I banez and they sent me a brand new one. The color was darker than the one I had wich wasn't really a problem, But playing this bass was HORRIBLE... First of all the neck felt WAY to skiny, and it sounded NOTHING like the same model bass that I sent in. It sounded cheap and hollow no matter how I set the basse's active eq. Also the A String sounded flat and lacked volum, even when I changed to a new set of DR-Fatbeams. My question is to anyone who might know..... Do guitar and bass companies down grade the quality of their products for some reason? With the Ibanez, I was told that the one I sent in was the 2003 model and the brand new one they sent was the 2005 model... I'm just wondering why both SR505's differ in quality so much particularly in the neck. The first one I had sounded and felt like a real bass, the new one they sent sounds and feels like something you might buy from wal-mart.
    Any way really like this new Grind 5 NTB, I like it so much that I'd like to have some Ideas from some of the luithers here on how I can make it look really nice.