Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New/ old King Crimson...att . Peter

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jerry, Nov 13, 2002.

1. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I just picked up the new/old King Crimson 'Ladies Of The Road'.......it's double live C.D. from 1971 with Boz Burrell on bass. I haven't heard any Boz era live stuff before and it's pretty cool, not like the Wetton era but still some " out" sounding stuff on here. Just aheads up for any Crimson heads out there;)

2. I think my brother's gonna snag that one. I converted him a while back :D

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    They still suck.

Oh, hi there Pete. What's up? :D

(;))

4. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I have both Earthbound, and the Live in Jacksonville 1972 releases. Boz wasn't too shabby live, but his voice could get a little grating. For those of you who have never heard King Crimson get downright funky, Earthbound contains a live improv called "Peoria" that shows a seldom seen side of the band.

5. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Just in case y'all missed it, the 21st Century Schizoid Band album is available for order now from www.burningshed.com - the band is Ian McDonald, Michael and Peter Giles, Mel Collins and Jakko Jakszyk, and the CD is lots of material off ITKOTKC, Poseidon and I think Lizard... Jakko's voice is amazing, and these new versions are well worth checking out...

cheers!

Steve
    www.steve-lawson.co.uk