Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New/Old Spector!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tim Cole, Dec 2, 2002.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Well, I have been wanting a US Spector ever since the late 80's when Kramer started advertising them on the back covers of the guitar magazines at the time. To date I have owned 3 Korean NS-2a's, an NS-2000/5, and an czech NS-5CR. While IMO they were all GREAT basses, this one is by far the "King Salami" of them all! It was honestly worth the wait! It is a 1990 Kramer era USA NS-2, in an oil finish, 99% mint!! Even the OHSC is in cherry condition. I absolutely love the finish on the quilted maple, and the sound from the EMG/hazlab config is to die for! My only wish: it is lacking the trademark Spector crown inlays, that is something I had always wanted. But, I scored this one for a little over $900, and am playing it too much to notice it has dot inlays lol. What do you all think?

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    another

3. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

Cool bass. I've owned many Spectors and I still think it's the best looking rock bass to date. Best of luck

Rob

4. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    and another

5. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Nice bass, and it does look mint! Congratulations!

Wouldn't worry about the inlays - my 3 Spectors all have dot inlays! Doesn't make them sound, or play any worse (and IMO, it doesn't make them look any worse!)

6. That is a sweet bass for sure. I'm going to see my REX 2000/5 today, and although I can't take it home until Dec 27th, I can't wait!

7. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I think for the price you paid, you could just grin even bigger that you don't have the crown inlays! That bass looks SMOKIN'!!!!!:D

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Very very nice. Congrats. The price you paid is AWESOME!!!!!!

9. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    awesome bass, man...ya know, as dumb as it may sound, my fave feature about those spectors is the bridge...no intonation screws! sweet setup. i dig the quilt on that bass, too. congrats, yo.

10. That's a nice enough bass, I guess.
    Still, it's no Streamer. ;)

11. man you finally decided to get it???? sweet - post some pics when you get her home!

12. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    have you actually attempted to intonate on a spector bridge before?

13. Wow, that's purdy. Best looking Spector I've seen.

14. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I'm jealous. My main fretted is a Spector NS-2A. It looks the same as yours but with much less exciting wood. I have loved how mine feels since the second I found it, but I wish mine looked like yours.

15. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Thats alright, I've never been much for knockoffs anyway lol. Just kidding, the streamers seem like nice basses, I'd like to spend some time checking one out. Thanks to everyone for their comments, I am loving this bass! And Nino, I'd still like toy score your white NS-2 you had for sale a while back, something about the white ones I really like!

16. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Beautiful bass ANB. Very nice!