1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Online Store!!!

Discussion in 'Ask Janek Gwizdala' started by janekbass, Sep 14, 2008.

1. janekbass

janekbass

Jan 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Founder and CEO of http://janeksbassstudio.com
    I've finally got my own online store happening!

you can find it at www.janekgwizdala.com

right now I'm posting live concerts that the band has played in the recent past. They were recorded on anything from an iPod all the way up to some serious high end gear, and I've "mastered" them and processed them to 256Kbps MP3's in a zip file for you to download. All tracks that are available have a 96kbps 30sec preview for you to check out before you buy.

Downloads are per set. $4.99 per set, $8.99 fro a bundle of two sets, and $11.99 for a bundle of three sets. Sets average about 60 mins of music, with some being around 70. Once you make a purchase you'll be sent a password that unlocks the zip files.

For everyone who couldn't make it out to a gig because you live in Tokyo, Sydney, London, Dayton, Seattle or capetown..... these are for you! Bringing you right inside the club to the gig.

All MP3's are tagged with metadata so they load straight into whatever media player you use.

Please give me any feedback you can as this is a brand new thing for me, and I'm sure there'll be things to work out along the way.

Easy,

Janek

2. Hey Janek,

Just got through with downloading the sets. There is a lot of material there; all superb quality. Its the first time I've heard you in a trio format and its great. Of course, your horn arrangements are as creative and exciting as ever.

Keep the bootlegs coming!

Jay.

3. janekbass

janekbass

Jan 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    thanks for checking the music out!

I'm hoping to upload a few more things in the next day or two......

Easy,

Janek

4. tieftonmusiker

tieftonmusiker Gold Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Karlsruhe, Germany
    ... just a few things i'd like to add (i bought the New York Bootleg sets 2 & 3):

- the MP3's are encoded with VBR setting
    - after the purchase you not only get the password ... the e-mail also contains the links for downloading
    - it takes some time between purchase and receiving the e-mail with the information (in my case it took 8 hours)
    - there are some tagging inconsistences ... but that's not really a problem :)
    - i found some audio issues in the tracks "Aware of When" at 5:43 and 6:01 and "Culture" Set 3 at 11:44 and 12:48 (+/- a few seconds). I tried to download and expand it again, but it seems like it's a problem in the downloaded audio file. (Maybe you could check it and provide a new version?)

5. janekbass

janekbass

Jan 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I'll get on that right away, I didn't realize there were any glitches on the audio.

And there is a slight delay in getting the emails out as I'm working on the west coast of the US right now which is 9 hrs behind most of Europe...... so if anyone orders while I'm asleep it's going to take a minute to get the email out.

I'm working on an auto response for the paypal thing to let people know that as soon as they place their order.

Easy,

Janek

6. tieftonmusiker

tieftonmusiker Gold Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Karlsruhe, Germany
    ... sorry, i wasn't complaining about the delay! ... just thought it's interesting to know (because i think that the most people are used to auto responding mails).

7. gwx014

gwx014

Dec 22, 2005
    Hey Janek, I just downloaded your bootlegs, they're great! It's cool to hear you in a trio context too. I hope you put some more up for sale soon. :)

8. golffuku

golffuku

Dec 19, 2006
    Hi Janek, Will you release your bootlegs in physical CD?

9. janekbass

janekbass

Jan 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    There will be no physical CD release of any of these bootlegs. This is purely an online download store.

Some things will be changing soon in that you'll be able to specify the quality at which you want to download the files at. I'm going to try and offer high resolution AIFF or WAVE files for all the bootlegs, but I have to get some bigger server space, and also see if people would be interested in that even.

Easy,

Janek

10. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    København
    Hey Janek, I greatly appreciated these bootlegs and I was wondering if there will be any of the trio of you, Oli and Sean. I thought your performance at UK Bass Day was most inspiring.

11. janekbass

janekbass

Jan 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I will try and post some of the trio tour footage as soon as possible. I'll post a note in here when it's up and running.

Easy,

Janek