New Orange Pedal Baby mini A/B power amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by krovx, Jan 18, 2019.

1. krovx

krovx Thump or Bust Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    GeoKinetic and Lammchop93 like this.
  2. Has anyone grabbed one? Having a power amp, and a tube one at that, to run any preamp you want into seems like a great idea. Especially with the abundance of solid state bass preamps that are around.

3. HOOLIGAN

HOOLIGAN

Dec 21, 2007
    Cowtown, USA
    It is solid state. And designed for guitarists.

4. anthony w Jaber

anthony w Jaber

Aug 23, 2019
    I just recently bought one of these I am a helix user but my biggish issue is amps I bought a frfr head rush a while back which has been ok so far but it lacks amp like sounds it’s good for band practice it’s very loud and does the trick but doesn’t feel amp like and sounds kinda dull using this live when the pa sucks kind of sucks I’ve been on the journeys or awhile now to find something small and loud enough to get that sound. I bought the power stage and didn’t really like it that much so I returned it and got this I was really scared because guitar players use this but after firing it up at rehearsal it literally sounded good I was even half way up and it was loud enough for the entire band I also play a 8 ohm cab so that probably helped I play the svt 4 setting on the amp and it literally sounds like a svt 4 coming out of this power amp other power amps I played sounded dull and nothing like it but this killed it. it’s really clean and the bass treble eq is a life saver I only add a bit more bass out of this and it rumbles like crazy. Now I’m on the journey to find a 2x10 cab that is really full sounding like a bigger cab like a 4x10 or bigger. If you really are interested in trying this power amp give it a shot it’s very convenient and fits in my pedal board case easily