Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Order - 511

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by geshel, Feb 23, 2003.

1. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Just watched the new New Order live DVD. It's pretty good / great at times. What a strange band. No less than six Joy Division songs! What possesses Barney to dance on one leg and whistle through his teeth, I don't know. The hired guns are pretty great (missed Gillian) - though the guitarist makes one really spectacular mistake.

2. is that the Finsbury park one?
    they showed most of that on TV over here.
    in "love will tear us apart" Hook uses a capo to play the song in E.
    he hits quite a few wrong notes in some of the newer material- "60 miles an hour"?- the perils of wearing your bass that low.

the general press consensus is that Bernard Sumner "dances like your dad" :D

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Yup. Before I noticed the capo, I could tell LWTUA was in a different key. Interesting they did that - guess D was out of Bernard's range (not that that's stopped him or Ian in the past. . .).

There were a couple moments when Hook stopped playing but you could still hear it in the audio- which I thought was strange. Given the mistakes and his frequent bass-slaps etc, it's pretty obvious he's not miming. But it didn't look like just a bad video edit. It seems like a joke the whole band is in on once, he stops playing and they all kind of laugh.