1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Order - Blue Monday - Bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by htown098, Mar 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. htown098

htown098

Mar 3, 2016
    Long time lurker. First post. Really appreciate and enjoy all the info that is shared here. So - on to my question - does anyone know how their new bassist gets this sound? Thanks in advance!

2. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    The New Order Corporation Project Manuel specifies a picked Fender into EH Stereo Clone Theory into mild amp overdrive (or tube amp) although by now they might have an official alternative having parted ways with the original executive without an operable non-compete clause.

3. Welcome to TB HTownO98.

The post above gives that which you need, but nonetheless, there are a number of threads on how Hookie got the original sound — that information should sate your curiosity.

Been a while since I listened to Blue Monday. Dig the Jag.

htown098 and blindrabbit like this.
  4. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    actually further research points out that solid state amps and lousy speakers were in use in the original and lots of volume over fidelity probably caused the murkiness and even the choice of higher notes to be heard. Originally it was a Rickenbacker or a low guitar hybrid. The mids of the Rick helped cut through the murk too. That modern Jag reproduction is preferable to me.

htown098 likes this.