Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New p-bass p0rn :)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jeffrey A-Bomb, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    I couldn't pass up a deal on a used natural USA p-bass at Guitar Center today :) I'm thankful for low interest credit cards :eek: Here's the bass in all it's glory (Sorry for lo-fi pic):

2. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Congrats, nice addition to the gear!

How much? And what year approx? Just trying to get an i
    dea of where
    the price stuff. I got a used 87/88 MIJ Jazz there for
    250 after beating on the sales guy, but that'a a different
    machine.

3. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    It's a mint 2001 USA p-bass i got w/ a new case for 575. It sounds wonderful and has top notch construction :) What year did the necks get the graphite reinforcement?

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    infect...did they give you the accessory pack with the instrument? It should come with a clear poly bag containing a T handle ball-end hex wrench for the truss rod (a regular L shaped allen wrench will mess up your pickguard), a cable, a strap IIRC and a polishing cloth.

I bought an Am P Bass at a GC blow out and had to really bug them about it until they handed it over. They ususally just throw them all in a drawer behind the counter...

Pretty bass!!!! congrats!!!

I'm not sure if the "American Standard" series had graphite, I think they may have, but the "American" series basses definately do...along with that yummy bridge that can be strung through body or through bridge as your heart desires.

5. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    thats a REAL beauty! :smug:

6. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I love P-basses, So much.