1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New P-bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nomadic Herder, Oct 21, 2001.

1. Well I got my new MIM P-bass today and it's wonderful. I strung it up with some Rotosounds and put a shiney silver strap on it. It's Midnight Wine. And for everyone's information...the 2001 P-basses have metal knobs finally. This one was so new, noone had even touched it. It was still in the original factory boxes. :)

2. WOW! nice pick man!

3. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    wait 'till you get some flats on it.

4. Flatwounds? Why on earth would I wish to that? No offense to flat users. I just like the clear bright ringing sound of rounds. And I LOVE the way they chew up my fingers and frets. :rolleyes: :p

5. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    then why did you get a p-bass? No thump thump from p-bass? damm

6. Um...I want to be unique? :rolleyes:

7. Why does everyone think you have to have flats on a P?!?!?!? Rounds on a P produces one of the best rock sounds for bass.

8. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I agree... I just like flats on mine... To each his own

-robert

9. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    amen to that! Roundwounds rule the P Bass!

10. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    Flats and P basses go together like bacon and eggs. TI flats won't leave you with that dull feeling.

Of course you may prefer ham and eggs.

That's OK too! :cool:

Midnight Wine is a great color.

11. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    For me, i like to put smooth, thumpy strings on a smooth, thumpy bass, and bright, zingy strings on a bright. zingy instrument.

12. punkr

punkr

Jun 20, 2001
    I prefer round. Flat are too dull for me. I like the calluses on my fingers, too. :)