Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new p/u for Yamaha RBX775?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by natebass, Jul 16, 2004.

1. natebass

natebass

Sep 6, 2001
    Bremerton, WA
    Has anybody bought one and then replaced the pickup? If you did, which replacement model did you go with, and how do you like it?

2. Basssy

Basssy

Apr 5, 2000
    Houston, TX
    I just got mine 3 weeks ago. I'm replacing mine with EMG 45CS Extended Series pickups.

3. jonathanl

jonathanl

Jan 12, 2003
    Orinda, CA

Oh cool. Not to hijack the thread, but did oyu get a preamp too? or just going to replace the entire system with just the EMG pickups.

4. Basssy

Basssy

Apr 5, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Sorry about that. I am getting a EMG BQC preamp to go with the 45CSes.

5. natebass

natebass

Sep 6, 2001
    Bremerton, WA
    I wasn't sure whether to go with Basslines or EMG's - I have EMGs in my Kubicki, and I'm going with JV's in my J bass, so I might as well make it the trifecta as far as pickups in basses...... :eyebrow:

6. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    Sorry to be a late comer to this thread, but EMG pickups work great in yamaha basses. I put a set of DC45's (no pre-amp) in my BBG5S, and I think it stacks up with some of the best basses I have ever heard.
    Listen for yourself, go to www.mesquitebible.org/video and click on one of the music videos.

7. Basssy

Basssy

Apr 5, 2000
    Houston, TX
    tubass

That is some pretty good bass tone, my friend. Can't wait to get my EMGs. Very well done video too BTW.

8. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    Thanks! I put it together myself. still pretty new at this video editing stuff, but each project I do gets a little better.

Mark

9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I feel closer to god after hearing you lay down the groove ;)

In all seriousness, bass sounds good.