New paint job and pick guard.

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by MarztekMilita, Feb 1, 2006.

1. MarztekMilita

Feb 10, 2005
    Hey everybody, this is my first time posting here and i'm a bit excited. my first question is, is it possible to re paint my bass. the color of it right now is electric blue and i want to paint it a charchol color. Is there anything special that I should do to get the best quality out of it? And I want to put a pick gaurd on it. the bass is a Rouge and dosent have a P-G on it. The pick gaurd that I wanted to put on it, I want it to look like a Fender in fron and a Ric in the back. What kind of material should I use to make it out of, and I want the p-g to be a red. Well that's all that I had to ask, thanks in advance!:bassist:
  2. petie-b

Aug 24, 2005
    orlando, florida
    repainting a bass is not really a problem, you will need to rub down the old finish first and then repaint it, there are loads of helpful links on this if you search for them. or try running a google search.

as for the pickgaurd material, there are many places on the internet and im sure in most luthier shops that sell pickguard material in various colours and sizes, then you can just cut out the shape you want.