Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Paint job for a Dirnt P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassJunkie730, Sep 5, 2005.

1. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Guys,

I've been thinking about a color scheme change for my dirnt. I tried my best to mock one up using a virtual guitar flash program. basically, White blonde with a Bakelite Pickguard (think old tele)

http://www.talkbass.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1905&password=0&sort=1&cat=500&page=1
    [​IMG]

That and I'm pulling off the badass for a low mass vintage hipshot bridge and I'll pop in a Nordie NP4.

I wonder if Roxy guitar finish has completed their move and are up and running again.

I think it looks cool kind of like the 70s meets the early 50s

The fun part will be stripping the polyester off. oh boy :help:

~Michael

2. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Bummer, usually everyone is so eager to lend their opinion. Oh well. But thanks to Hambone for the advice on the Poly removal. Hey who knows if I can remove the finish safely and with a high level of skill I may be able to help others with those pesky thick fender finishes.

Hmmm.

3. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
    Looks nice and simple. Dare I say, I definitely looks more "punk" than the standard Dirnt burst finish. Good luck with it.