Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NEW PEAVEY CABS!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by WillySanchez, Jan 19, 2002.

1. have anyone seen these things? they are smokin!! its the pro series, does anyone have any idea abuot how much they cost, like an estimate? i guess they were un-veiled at NAMM maybe someone can help me here...cuz i think im in love...peavey has come sooo far with their bass equipment.

2. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    i read about them today.. they look awesome! peavey already made my favorite 410, i cant wait to try the new ones.. i just called a peavey dealer out here and he said they should have the full line in the next couple months. argh i cant wait!!

3. hey do me a favor, and let me know how much they cost if and when you find out. thank you soo much! we dont have any peavey dealers around here

4. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    the guy said he didnt have a new price list yet.. so ill check back in a week or so.

5. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Willy, actually you do. :)
    Check Sam Ash's site out.

They carry Peavey, and there should be one near you. In the least, you could drive to the Franklin Mills Mall, and there's a Sam Ash in there. That's what I did... Two hour drive to try out a BAM 210 combo, but it was an incredible amp, and well worth the ride.

I'm thinking of even getting either two Pro 410's and the BAM head, or possibly a Pro 115, Pro 410, and the BAM. I'm not sure if I'm going to get the BAM or the Pro 500 head, yet. Both seem really cool. I'll have to take a trip to Sam Ash, once they get all of it in, and fool around with both for a while. I'm really in love with the BAM, it gets such good tones, but I was afraid of it being loud enough. With 500 watts out of either 8 10"'s or a 4x10" and a 1x15", it should be more than loud enough, though.

I can't wait.
    See my "NAMM today" thread. :)

6. they dont have peavey on the sam ash site, this sucks. I like love the peavey stuff and how they are realling improving on their bass equipment. i just wish i knew how much their new cabs cost, and their new pro 500 head, if any of you find out, can you tell me? cuz if the price is good enough, i will go out of my way to find a dealer even near me.
    and then make the 3 hour drive to buy the stuff, but im not making that drive till i know how much they cost and are within my price range.

7. Willy, just give them a call. I'm sure they could help you out. If you know what city they're in, you can find their number in msn.com's Yellow Pages.

8. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania

Willy, Peavey doesn't allow companies to put their things on the websites, or be bought over the internet. Sam Ash does infact carry Peavey. I was there recently to try the BAM 210 out. Give them a call.

9. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Looks like the BAM head is now offered seperately. The ante's been upped again;)

The cabs look pretty nice.

10. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I think the BAM head'll be fighting it's way into my rig, Brad. :)

I'm considering selling my rig for a Peavey Pro 410, and Peavey BAM head.

I think the additional 20" of speaker volume should suffice in any applications I'll need, and I'll be able to eventually add a(nother) Pro 115 or Pro 410 to the setup, eventually. :)

11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Nakoa, which dealer did you talk to? I want to check the cabs out. Might be time to get a BAM head and Pro 410 cab, and sell the Metro.

12. :eek:

13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Muttluk, if everything that I have heard about the BAM is true, I could have a louder, more portable rig than the Metro, that sounds as good and has a little more expandability. It's not a done deal yet though.

14. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    I personally do not feel that the BAM is anywhere near as good sounding as the Metro, just my .02

;)

15. I know what you're talking about Jeff, but man..., the Metro?!? An Eden!!! for a Peavey?!?

Now, just like any other person who also digs Peavey's bass equipment, and from one Cirrus man to another, I do have to say that'd be a big step. Not necessarily a step down either, but more or less in a lateral direction, possibly diagonally... Anyway, I too have played many Peavey amps and appreciate how good they are and what they can offer a musician. But when it comes down to it, with the Eden there's simply no guesswork. It's plug and play! :D

I can't ever see myself going back to Peavey now that I have my Eden, or much less to any other amp. Again I say that in the most respectable way, but I just thought I'd offer my 2 cents to a guy who's been down the same road, though mine is a shorter road, but hopefully just as wide :)

(Now I don't want to see anybody do anything cute with that last sentence. It could turn into a "testy" little situation!)

16. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Embellisher, set aside a day to play with it.

It took me about an hour to figure out how to use everything on the BAM. After another hour, of playing with it, once I figured it out, I was in pure awe. I think you'll like it quite a bit.

I've tried Eden, SWR, Ampeg, a long with a considerable amount of other "high end" amp companies, and I honestly would perfer the BAM.

With the 1x18" cab model on, it can get a ground shaking bottom, and a loss of the high end, as you would with an actual 1x18". I perticularly like the Peavey MAX preamp, with the 1x15" cab model. With how I had it EQed, it was bright, and punchy, yet without being harsh. It also had a great low end (I play a 4 string, though so YMMV on 5's)

That's just my thoughts on it... :)

Good luck, Embellisher.

17. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Reedith, not to rain on your parade, but it seems like you had tried Peavey amps a considerable amount of time ago.

When I first started playing bass, I would've agreed 110% with your statement, on Peavey's tone not being as good as the Eden's, but the Firebass, the BAM amps, and (most likely) the Pro 500 are far from their inherent "Peavey stereotype."

I think you should consider re-trying Peavey. Not to say that Eden isn't good stuff, but more to say that you shouldn't undermine Peavey, as you seemingly do. :)

18. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    I love Peavey gear, BUT I think the Metro is just about the best amp on the market. I have played many companies, and I was floored by the Metro(thanks again, Gard!!!) Didn't like the 410XLT, again!!!! Also, I don't think, and its just my opinion, that the Firebass is anyhere near the same league as an Eden or SWR. The BAM is in the Firebass league and Peavey is THE best tone in THEIR price range only, but its all subjective!!

:D

19. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    That might be why you think the Metro's better, Chris. :D

20. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    True, but I will say that the BAM is the SECOND best combo I have played through, better than the SWR Readhead.