1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

"new" Peavey Foundation added

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fish and teach, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Fish and teach

Fish and teach

Dec 25, 2012
    Riesel, TX
    Got a great deal on a Peavey Foundation. Already had a 5-string Cirrus BXP but wanted a passive 4-string. This thing is wonderful. The four string neck is a nice change from the width of the 5-string. Beautifully mellow tones and tons of sustain. Just have to remember that there is no B string. Kinda like getting into an automatic after driving a standard and trying to stomp the clutch that isn't there. The best part was the price. $225 with a case. The thing is immaculate except for the back plate is missing. No problems though as I have a pick guard that is just waiting to be routed into shape and the beast will be pristine. It's a heavy beast, but the workout will be good for the back and shoulder muscles:hyper:

2. audioglenn

audioglenn

Jul 14, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Congratulations! There's nothing like getting another bass. Good luck!

3. Steveaux

Steveaux Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    No pics ...... no bass.

4. Fish and teach

Fish and teach

Dec 25, 2012
    Riesel, TX
    Yeah, gotta send in my donation so I can post pics. Maybe we'll have enough fols at our gig tonight that I can use the extra for that. Also haven't played with the site long enough to figure out the adding picture thing because I've never had a reason to until now...

5. CBNJ

CBNJ Sorry brother.

Feb 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    This. ;)

6. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas Commercial User

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    Why is it heavy?

7. Fish and teach

Fish and teach

Dec 25, 2012
    Riesel, TX
    Not sure why? I would guess it just has lots of really dense wood, I just know it's heavier than any bass I've ever picked up or played

8. Scott in Dallas

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Weird. My Foundation is 9 lbs and my Fury is 8.4. The T-40 was intentionally designed to be heavy. I think some of the Foundations must have been made from some kind of heavy wood. If I were going to guess I'd say that yours is sunburst.

If you want to weigh your bass and give some info on it I'll add it to the database and might be able to distinguish which ones were the heavy ones.

Congrats on getting a really really underrated bass.

9. There are some ash body Foundations floating around, early ones with natural finish. Probably heavy northern ash like the T series. There are mahogany ones too. Mine are poplar, average weight 9-ish lbs, the lightest one is 8.5 lbs.

10. Scott in Dallas

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Yeah, there was someone that said the sunburst ones were northern ash, which is why I posted that. I shouldn't post in the middle of the night when the cold medicine's kicked in.