Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Peavey...sorry Eden

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by david_l_perry, May 29, 2003.

1. I'd bet it's a killer.

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    A new cabinet that claims to be "professional" and "made for touring" but doesn't have speak-on's???? Tell me it ain't so . . .

3. If you check out any of the Eden cabs you will find they dont have speakons either...Just a pair of Jacks and Bare connectors

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    FYI, the new Eden cabs DO have speak-ons . . . your info is out of date.

5. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    Peavey makes some good stuff. It's always really heavy though. That has always been my gripe. I got quite a few scrapes and bruises from lugging them around in the college days. (Reagan was President then.)

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    As a former Peavey user, I've always felt they were very under-rated, however I seriously doubt anything they make would make me give up my Eden D410XST cab! ;)

Damn, you're old!!!

;)

...wait, Reagan was president when I was in college too!!!

Uh...nevermind!

:p

7. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    and when I was in college...Damn, I am old !

Brings back memories of yearning for a Mark III head back in the day.

8. Hi Eric...Well All I can say is that the Eden cabs for sale in the UK dont..I know, I bought some 6-7 months ago in my search for new gear..they lasted 24hours before going back to the shop (48hour approval)
    Just checked out there online info and they still show them with only binding posts and Jacks. Its about time they sorted them out. Cheers for the info
    Dave

9. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    I don't what you're driving it with but I bought this cabinet and love it. I went from 2 x 410TX Peavey cabs to the single Pro 410.
    I use a Peavey Classic 400 tube head to drive my Pro 410. Compared to the 2 x 410TX cabs, the Pro 410 (on casters) is a piece of cake to move around and takes up half the space in the back of my SUV.
    A truly outstanding cabinet (and rig).
    I seriously looked a the Eden 410XLT but couldn't justify the added cost to own a "Eden". Even a used Eden 410XTL was more money that my new Peavey Pro 410. It just didn't make sense.
    Cheers,
    JC
    ;)

10. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    are there any other specs than that? i could care less about packed and unpacked weight... :D

11. Youngsters... when I took my first lessons Kennedy was president. :D Anyhow, I've owned some decent (and heavy) Peavey gear in my day. It was invariably under-rated but always served well.

12. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Here's a little more information in the form of a PDF file.

Pro 410 Specifications

13. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, thanks a bunch, man...

wow...106dB@1W1M? 30hZ? i really don't know what anechoic means or how it factors into the specs, but that sounds pretty impressive to me. i wonder how this cab SOUNDS?

14. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    just noticed something...the pro 115 and the 810 both have speakons. i wonder what gives with the 210 and the 410?

15. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I may get a chance to try the 410 & 810 this weekend. One of the locals has both in stock. All of the feedback that I have heard to date about them has been very positive though. I personally don't feel that the TVX series cabs are that bad but the Pro Series are supposed to be far more superior.

16. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, let us know how it turns out

17. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    If it were killer, they'd've posted the frequency response.

18. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Will do. I won't have much to compare them to in the store that I'm referring to. There will probably only be a bunch of TVX series cabs and maybe a couple of Workingman's Series SWR cabs.

I think that the 210 & 410 cabs were the first to go into production and then the 115 & 810 came later. Peavey may have gotten a lot of feedback from players wanting speakons after that initial introduction and decided to incorporate them into the newer cabs. Just speculating.

19. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    HAH! I took my first music lesson when Eisenhower was president. By the way Gard, I remember your Peavey days. I don't remember the transition period, however. Man, that was smooth. Well, a belated welcome to the Garden of Eden.

How'd I miss that?