1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NEW PEAVEY TNT & TKO 115 COMBOS???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by richbassboy, Nov 30, 2010.

1. richbassboy

richbassboy

Feb 11, 2010
    Anyone have the new combos? How are they??? :bassist:

2. mustbampeg

mustbampeg

Feb 27, 2007
    Amarillo, TX
    Im not sure how the new ones are, but based on my experience with Peavey products in the past and having played through a TNT 150 back in the day, I would say if you get a decent price on one, then go for it. They are built like tanks and will surely give you years and years of reliable playability. I recently owned a Peavey Basic 112, and it sounded really good!! Seriously, I liked it better than my Epifani setup :confused:

It just wasnt enough firepower when playing hard rock with loud guitars and super loud drums...

Anyways, my .02

Randy

3. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    It's odd but I just haven't seen or heard them yet. I go into GC all the time too.

4. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    I waited and waited for the Tour TNT 115 amp to be released. I had the Max 112 at the time and it was just fine for what I needed. Now what I wanted was a smaller combo with expansion capabilities and the TNT looked like a dandy!

Sadly for Peavey, the local shop sold me a Fender 250/210 for a price I could not pass up! (same price as the MSRP on the Peavey)

This is my first amp that is not a Peavey. Now the local shop has the TNT in stock and I am afraid to play the thing! I need to swap amps right now like I need a kick in the beans!!

Peavey gear has always done well by me and the band I used to work for. Anything Peavey never gave me or the band any trouble...ever.

Some folks claim they do not like the sound with Peavey but that has never been my experience.....

5. richbassboy

richbassboy

Feb 11, 2010
    The thing is even if you try it and it sounds good, the real test is how it sounds over the long hall, about 10 gigs and a bunch of practices. I'm not sold on these new light weight combos, had problems with the new gk mb line, gk has been great with replacements but still same problems, beware of the gk mb212. :rollno:

6. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    Well there is always that too.....just another reason why I wont be selling my current amp anytime soon.....

7. root fifth

root fifth

Sep 11, 2010
    Played the tnt today it was amazing!And no this is not a light weight micro combo this thing has a huge foot print!And weighs somwhere around 80 pounds or so!Went to try out the GK mb115 and seen the peavey wish i could have played longer and louder but if this amp is made well its only 100 bucks more than the GK and has 3x the power!Played both seem i got more tone control out of the peavey also.Anyone else played this?Also i think i would be more interested in the tko 400 watts same price as the GK.

8. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Not bad amps. Find one used if possible. -Luke

9. root fifth

root fifth

Sep 11, 2010
    If i buy i'll buy new they havent been out long so what i would save used would not beat the warrenty i would get new.The way it was told to me the warrenty does not transffer.

10. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    The price of the amps new was a little steep to me, at least what they were going for here where I live. At that price, you could get a much better amp slightly used. Do what works for you though. That's all that really matters. -Luke

11. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    I played one at NAMM last year and it was good, but not great. Also a very strange profile, like a big cube. Then I tried the GK MB212 later in the day & THAT thing was great and worth the extra $$$!

12. superdick2112

superdick2112 Mile High Bassist Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    The Centennial State
    I ordered a TNT from Sweetwater when they first showed up on their site (I planned on using it mainly as a Taurus pedal amp), and after months of waiting on Peavey's vaporware, I cancelled my order & bought an SWR Headlite. I use the SWR with a 15" EV speaker loaded in a Sonic cab, and it sounds very good with my Moog Taurus 3 bass pedals, and it sounds fantastic as a bass amp. Great quality, and from what I gather here, much lighter than the TNT would have been.
    Funny, Peavey and SWR both made their names by making great amps built here in the good 'ol USA, but the TNT is built in Asia, and the Headlite is built in Mexico - go figure.

13. Runnerman

Runnerman Registered Bass Player Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2011
    It's a great amp...at least 6 months of gigging and multiple rehearsals per week. Bulletproof is the word that comes to mind. Size/shape makes transport a bit awkward but with at lightweight hand cart, I can manage. Will build a custom roller case for it.