1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Pedal can move an effect to different spots in your signal chain

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by markjazzbassist, May 31, 2007.

1. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
  2. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    I think Banzai Effects makes something like this, but with only one switch. Let me check.

EDIT: Here it is - "The Changer"

I wonder why pedalboards.com uses two switches?

3. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    yeah after first glance it looks kinda just like a loop within a loop that has 2 sends and returns so it can be placed at different spots.

4. Zeemno

Zeemno

Feb 15, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
  5. sonicvi

sonicvi

Jun 10, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I think there's also project in one of Craig Anderton's books for an FX order changer.

6. 343 Salty Beans

343 Salty Beans

Jan 24, 2006
    I think the thing with this flip-flopper is that it allows to switch ONE effect to ANY place in the chain. The other products mentioned switch TWO effects or groups of effects. I actually was looking for a way to do this when I was visualizing my board...I wanted to be able to switch an RC-20XL between a spot near the end (conventional looping) and a spot near the beginning of the chain (ambient goodness).

7. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    :eyebrow:

Based on what the site says, that's not the case. And besides, moving one effect to the front and leaving the rest of the chain intact is actually the same exact thing as moving one effect to the front and moving the rest to the end... and vice-versa.

8. sonicvi

sonicvi

Jun 10, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I think they all work in the same way. You can't switch a pedal to anywhere in the chain unless all the pedals in the chain were plugged in. It would also probably require some digital switching system. Anyway, what you want to do could be done with any of the pedals as long as you know where you want the RC20XL to switch from and to.

9. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    +1

10. 343 Salty Beans

343 Salty Beans

Jan 24, 2006
    You all hold excellent points :crying: I retract my previous statement.

11. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'll still be your friend. ;)

12. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    man, **** that, I already made one of those!!! I called it the Chinese firedrill!!

these guys probably made it earlier, but I made it for $2O

13. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Oregon, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    The Boss LS-2 can do this, and several other nifty things.

14. 343 Salty Beans

343 Salty Beans

Jan 24, 2006
    Only cuz I'm tricking out your Mammoth :D

15. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    GT6B. You can switch em around all day.

16. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    :D

17. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Not necessarily. I do the exact same all the time. Aimlessly posting a thought only to be disproven with "knowledge". Pshyeah. ;)

:hyper: Btw, has it arrived yet?

18. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    unless there is some weird way to wire it to do this, it doesn't look like it can do it

from looking at the top of it, I see the only setting that uses A and B at the same time is A+B Mix which sounds like they would be parrallel

19. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    if wobo or pedalboards.com can't put the inverter (flip-flopper) in the true bypass loop, which one should i spring for?

I have a couple of wobo products that are great. My concern is that the inverter might be a bit larger than the flip flopper. we all know space is a premium on our boards. but i assume that you get what you pay for these days is still the case.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 17, 2021