Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Pedal - Compressor Death Fuzz (HELP!)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stompfrog, Feb 21, 2006.

1. It may look exactly like a Boss CS-3 and last time I plugged it in it even sounded exactly like a Boss CS-3 however....

...having spent a couple of months in the cupboard the pedal appears to have given itself a death fuzz mod. The "new" pedal seems to have a wet/dry blend set to about 50%. So there is a loud clean signal with a zvex mammothesque fuzz as well. :crying:

I have tried the pedal with bass and guitar going into two different amps and used several set of cables. I have tried powering the pedal from a power bank using two different connectors and also from a fresh 9v battery.

Any ideas how I can get my old CS-3 back? :confused:

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Heck, give the Death Fuzz Mod CS3 a groovy paint job and sell it on Ebay for a premium boutique price! Then use the money to buy yourself a better compressor.

3. The scary thing is that it would probably work. Host some sound samples on the web and put a blue led in the pedal :)

I might actually do that!

NAME SUGGESTIONS FOR THE NEW PEDAL PLEASE!

4. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    BUG SQUISHER
    HEEL OF MY BOOT
    FUZZY BUNNY OF DEATH (BY SQUISHYNESS)

5. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Staff Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO