1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New pedal for radiohead fanboys

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mingus Addict, Sep 29, 2010.

1. asherthemachine

asherthemachine

Sep 22, 2006
    o boy o boy! will this make me sound like colin greenwood? all sarcasm aside, looks like a cool pedal. and although im in love with Radiohead, ill keep my fuzz that sounds good and be original.

2. No bass demos yet?

3. TheDialog

TheDialog Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Baltimore
    Buzzsaw. I prefer the Big Cheese he uses live.

4. i think id quite like that, if it does what it says i know how it will sound before i get it. that way theres no alarms and no surprises

5. rr5025

rr5025

Nov 12, 2008
    No surprises eh? :p

6. AcidFripp

AcidFripp

Jul 12, 2010
    Looks pretty cool.
    What about the price, though?

7. xray

xray

Feb 15, 2009
    Kona, HI
    GGG has a kit for a lot less and it's the same circuit. Very easy build. I have one and love it, paired next to my Big Cheese it come close.

8. I knew of the GGG kit but never heard much about it. Good to know it sounds good. The Wilson made version looks cooler though.:ninja:

Also, I feel like I should mention that I only bring up Radiohead because this fuzz circuit might not be of much interest to as many bassists if not for CG. :smug:

Also, this pedal will make you sound just like Radiohead if you pair it with a Boss RE-20 and a P-bass. You don't even need to know how to play really. :bag:

9. Well, he actually uses the FY-2 live. The Big Cheese and FY-2 are for different songs. He uses the FY-2 on Exit Music and Myxomatosis. He uses the Big Cheese on National Anthem. I'm sure there are other examples, but those are what I can think of off hand.

10. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I have the Fredric Effects Unplesant Companion which is on my board at the moment, it's a slightly modded circuit to allow for a volume boost as I think the original cranked is just about unity.

http://www.fredric.co.uk/effects/index.php?content=unpleasantcompanion

[​IMG]

Also it's in a much smaller box that might suit most and it is fun playing those radiohead songs on. It's cheaper too.

I should have my new audio interface this weekend so I'll finally start hammering out the clips again.

Isn't the Big Cheese a clone of something?

11. I thought it was an original Lovetone design. The OLC Chunky Cheese is a clone of the Big Cheese though.

12. jetofuj

jetofuj

Jun 16, 2008
    PL
    Big Cheese is based on Fuzz Face.

13. timhulio

timhulio

Oct 1, 2010
    ...and here's a variation on a theme. The pedal on the right replaces the stock Shin-Ei Companion Fuzz tone circuit with a big muff tone control. Result: many more tones!

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021