Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New pedals from Chunk Systems

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by xan, Apr 5, 2005.

1. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    For those of you that are unaware, Chunk Systems is an Australian based effects maker.

Richard from Chunk Systems sent me this picture today. It features a new pedal called the Brown Dog, and the new Agent 00-Funk Mark II.

pic here: http://members.iinet.net.au/~nastechwa/newpedalsfromchunk.bmp

The Brown Dog is a gated fuzz pedal based on the older model fz002. The Agent is a funky envelope filter.

These pedals will be released in May. To listen to sound samples of the older version of these pedals, and for news regarding the new pedals, visit www.chunk.com.au

ps - the fuzz is especially awesome.

2. mike mcd

mike mcd

Dec 11, 2002
    I use the current production models of both of these pedals and they are both incredible. Will the new versions of these pedals sound different or is he just giving them a new look?

3. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    I'm not sure about the Agent, but he said that the Brown Dog was "basically a reengineered version of the FZ002 with a
    new tube-like "soft" mode".

So i guess that means its got a new look with a couple of changes.

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    be interested to hear the new fuzz.
    The original chunk fuzz had many good things going for it - blend, worked with active basses, cool gate feature
    Two cons to it in my book:
    1) No tone control
    2) The overall fuzz sound was a bit 'blah'

5. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    yes im looking forward to hearing the new one, even though ive never actually played the old one... the old one sounds fantastic i thought. Might be worth sending richard at chunk systems an email about exactly what the new fuzz features are as i am not entirely sure, apart from the soft tube mode addition.

6. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    chunk systems website has been updated. check out the brown dog, i think it sounds great, and in conjunction with the agent it sounds pretty damned awesome:

http://www.chunk.com.au/bd.htm

7. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    damned i want those two!

8. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    yeah... hell nice. looks like the list price is gonna be about $250 US tho.. better start saving!