New pedulla pics

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chris h, Oct 20, 2002.

1. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Just got a pedulla mvp custom 4 from my good friend spike (some of you may know him from this forum).

it sounds wonderful, and is superb to play. the pics dont really do the aaa maple justice, but you get the idea!!

p.s I have got the 'making of' Bloodsugarsexmagik video and i am certain flea is using one? anyone else know? i know jimmy haslip did, and chuck rainey.

anyway, enjoy the pictures.

Thanks, chris
  2. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
  3. oy... chingaya !! :eek: :D

pedulla's are soo sexy.. they arrouse me.. :eek:
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Nice bass. I dig the MVP seried Pedullas. Very distinctive. And sexy!
  5. QTraXQ

QTraXQ Guest

Aug 16, 2002
    San Antonio, TX
    LOL. AllodoX..
    Nice Bass, looking Honey Sweet!!!! Like Candy...
  6. Chris,
    Changed my mind and want her back. Lol.

Hope you enjoy that fine bass as much as I did.

Don’t think I’ll be able to find one in Thailand, so I’ll keep my old pictures on my site to remind me of her.:)

Will be in touch when we're settled from sunny Siam.

Mike. (Spike)
  7. They did at one time.
    All I’ve got left now is the Sadowsky, Anniversary Ray and a nice MIJ Jazz, with a J-Retro and vintage SD’s.

Been very hard and sad getting rid of them all, but will hopefully start the collection again from Thailand when I’m settled.

8. Congrats on the MVP. I agree that Mike's stuff rocks, evidenced by the pic below.
  9. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England

...Still not a bad collection!!:D

See you soon mate.

Cheers for the comments, people:)
  10. Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Congrats, now put it back in that brown cardboard box and ship it to ..... :D

My friend, Ed has two of them. Great feel, tone, and the playability is very nice on both. One of them is green though.:p
  11. Well Sha-zaaam!! *Gomer Pyle voice*

I love that bass Chris.I`ve never seen a Pedulla in natural finish before...really really attractive,kind of an understated beauty(or should I say "a natural beauty"?) :p

When I first started to learn bass I thought the Pedullas were ugly.I`ve since come to appreciate
    their unique lines though. ;)

Does the wide bottom(body) make it difficult to play in a seated position?I have had bad luck trying to get used to wide bottemed basses in the past(gibson,etc.).Just curious.

Great bass dude.Post some soundbites? :D
  12. hmm... Don't those cutaways make the horns look a little phallic? Or is it just my imagination? :) :D
  13. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    I dont find the body very wide actually. the body as a whole is pretty small (esp. when compared to my fenders) and is definitely comfortable to play seated/standing/swimming.

cant really do sound bytes at the mo but I will definitely try to, but my sound card etc will probably make it sound crap..

I would describe the fingerstyle tone as very deep and full, and the high notes are really precise sounding, kinda 'bouncy' is a good (!) description. it sounds unlike anything else ive played. however, if the pan pot is moved, you can get classic jazz/precision tone as well as many others, moving the pan pot just a tiny bit has a big result upon the sound. Im used to emg pickups, but the bartolinis sound sweet too.

the slap tone is again quite different from the jazz bass sound. the lows sound quite nasal, like a p, but more growly and deep like a piano. the highs, well, I cant describe them but 'cartoony' is a word that springs to mind... Crisp and transparent, possibly. Then again, describing it is very difficult!

A nice touch is the control cavity and truss rod cover all sawn from the same maple as the rest. Sweet.

Thanks, chris
  14. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I will second and third that motion, Mike had a least two basse I was jonesen for, But I live just to far away, Mike glad to see things are working out for ya., Keep in touch my friend.