1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Featured New Phil Jones Bass Cub II BG-110

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Feb 7, 2020.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    The PJB Bass Cub II (Model BG-110) is the newly released, updated version of the popular Phil Jones Bass Cub that will be delivering in February 2020. The Bass Cub II is 110 watts of pure tone in a “shoebox” size package. It is so light, that it can be lifted with one finger!

Phil Jones Bass has developed a new amplifier design which has far greater transient attack from improved loudspeaker cone acceleration, greater dynamic range, and lower harmonic distortion. An upgraded power supply provides a rock-solid stable voltage and current to feed the amplifier.

In addition, PJB researched into a better loudspeaker, specially engineered for the BASS CUB 2 that gives a wider and smoother frequency response using our unique “Chrome-Dome” technology. It will provide increased headroom and speed to capture every nuance of bass playing, from gentle fingerstyle to hardcore slapping.

The BG-110 is available in black and red tolex.Two independent channels can accept two instruments or one microphone. It also has a stereo input for a Drum machine or iPod/MP3 player. Play along practicing can be accomplished through the two internal speakers or headphone jack.

The Bass Cub II’s dimensions are 12”W x 11”D x 7.8”H and it weighs 15.5 lbs. It produces 110 Watts Class D amplification with digital switch-mode power supply. A soft cover is included.

Established in 2002, PJB and AIRPULSE Guitar Amps are divisions of Phil Jones American Acoustic Development. PJB is dedicated to using the latest technology in the design of compact bass amps and loudspeakers that achieve highest in fidelity and volume. Phil Jones owns several patents for loudspeaker technology.

BG110-04.jpg BG110-02.jpg BG110-01.jpg BG110-03.jpg BG110-08.jpg

2. staurosjohn

staurosjohn Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Nottingham, MD
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  3. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    It's not mentioned in the ad or shown in these pictures but this amp also has a kick back stand, a DI, and tuner and line out.

Yep! I'll take two, please. :woot::bassist:

4. selowitch

selowitch Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
  5. mikewalker

mikewalker Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    Nice! Imagining six or eight of these, daisy-chained... where was this back in the 1990s when I was lugging all those ALTECs?? :)

Bahjark likes this.
  6. selowitch

selowitch Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    $649 is a little steep when you consider I already own the BG-75 Double Four that weighs 8.8lbs. and provides 70 watts of power.

7. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

I like it! :thumbsup:

superheavyfunk likes this.
  8. Well, it's NOT FOR YOU!!!
    :D

Barticus, chupacerveza, Inara and 3 others like this.
  9. It sounds like a PITA, frankly! :laugh:

I've tried the "lots of very small drivers" PJB thing for a while. It turned out not having anywhere near the volume or low-end extension I needed, despite all the sales-talk (emphasis on "I" - might be great for others) AND it was heavier than many other options. It's a fine product, but very "niche". And pricy.

Luigir and dramatwist like this.
  10. CAILLOUX

CAILLOUX

May 19, 2019
    wanna buy this amp this month

11. LoTone

LoTone Clean as an Entwistle... Gold Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Quebec, Canada
    Leave some for others. Don't hoard all the great gear, all right? ;)

DJ Bebop and CAILLOUX like this.
  12. nilorius

nilorius

Oct 27, 2016
    Riga - Latvia
    I see 2x10" - wrong ??

Clarence Walker likes this.
  13. CAILLOUX

CAILLOUX

May 19, 2019
    [QUOTE = "nilorius, post: 23596411, membre: 299336"] Je vois 2x10 "- faux ?? [/ QUOTE]
    2 haut-parleurs PJB NeoPower de 5 "de type A

KLINCOLNS and superheavyfunk like this.
  14. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Even steeper to me considering I got a GK MB200 in excellent condition for $200.... :)

dramatwist and DJ Bebop like this.
  15. CAILLOUX

CAILLOUX

May 19, 2019
    [QUOTE = "alaskaleftybass, post: 23602933, membre: 217160"] Encore plus raide pour moi étant donné que j'ai un GK MB200 en excellent état pour 200 $ .... :)[/ QUOTE]
    the GK MB200 is a head, we talk about combo amp

16. dramatwist

dramatwist

Sep 27, 2019
    ...really nice to see more advertisements here on TB...

17. 66 Fender Jazz

66 Fender Jazz

Jan 29, 2018
    VA, USA
    I believe it is two, five inch speakers.

chupacerveza and superheavyfunk like this.
  18. 66 Fender Jazz

66 Fender Jazz

Jan 29, 2018
    VA, USA
    Anyone have thoughts on this unit for amplified upright bass application? Pre-amp required for piezos?

19. No, just plug right in. PJB preamps do great with upright

chupacerveza likes this.
  20. neal davis

neal davis

Dec 29, 2006
    toronto canada
    Is it dual voltage?