Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New pic of old p bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chris h, Dec 2, 2002.

1. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Nothing much, but I just got a bridge cover for my beloved p-bass and .. well.. just look!!

2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Got a pic of the whole thing? Is that the original color? What year is it?

3. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002
    USA
    That looks sweet. What is that color called?

4. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Its a 1957 re-issue 50th anniversary model. The finish is origional and is called shell pink. the colour is still avaliable on fenders but I beleive not many basses were made this colour. I am still trying to find out how many. Cheers for the comments. heres another pic! this one is before i got the bridge cover. lord knows how many times ive posted this one! ENJOY!

5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

....I'm gonna get those chrome covers. And if I can cover enough of the strings, I'll never hit a wrong note, but it'll look cool.

6. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    that's pretty snazzy.... i love the look of the pickup covers!

P@

7. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I've been in love with that bass since the first time I saw the 'Hartke' picture... Looks great with the bridge cover!

-robert

8. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I absolutely love covers on Fenders, wouldn't have it any other way. Absolute class, and the basses are easy to play with them on.
    I do need to find a set of gold covers for my '80 P-bass that's got gold hardware.

Here is the 75RI Jazz I sorta just sold...it's getting shipped today to the new owner. My band called it 'The Cadillac'!

9. i wouldn't play with the pup cover on but it sure does look great. the color is awesome too.

10. WOW! That's really beautiful, why did you sell that gorgeous thing?

11. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    The bass is even prettier looking in person, but it's not going too far...another TB member is getting it.

Why? Well, I'm in the market for an older Jazz and I have a weird mentality to owning basses...I don't keep two of the same thing. So as my 30th birthday approaches, I want to go 'sentimental' this time and buy myself an early-mid 70's Jazz Bass same age as me (yup, sunburst/rosewood-blocks and all), and this one will sadly have to go. :(

12. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    ...Man that is one gorgeous looking bass. more chrome than you can shake a truss-rod at. just the way fenders should be! how much did it go for? which member bought it? I got mine and my pedulla from a member by the name of spike, who is an absolute legend. I never beleived the internet could be so useful!